3 bottles of wine on wool carpet

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Mike,

Keep us posted on how the 40 vol works. I had a friend call me from Dallas when two bottles broke onto her carpet. SS came out to her house and who knows what they used. The carpet was pink when they left and said it was the best they could do. I had another cleaner go by her house and used stain magic and it came right up. I'm not saying SS didn't try...

I've had two calls today from ladies that had spills over the weekend -just a glass of wine - not a bottle. One poured salt on the stain and the other just left it for us. Both came out with stain magic and the new peroxide product that you spay and walk way. I have a bottle of the 40 vol, just haven't tried it yet.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
Every time I use peroxide on wool it's a bad ddeal almost always devolves the fiber
let us know how it works out mikey inquiring
Mind would really like to know

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Do a couple of small tests, one with hydrogen peroxide, I use 9% so not sure how that equates to your vol values. I usually clean the area first with a good detergent, and then rinse, the residual ph will help to activate the H202.

Secondly, try a small section with a sodium metabisulfite product, I use a Prochem coffee and tannin spotter and you'll quickly find which will give you the west results.

On minor stains, I've even found Releasit DS at a 1.10 ratio works really well.

I personally would have tried to get out that evening with that much, or do as Doc said, split the seam and take it back to your shop.

John

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Have the guys got a set of knapping shears or for that size area, a set of hair clippers? They may need to gently knap the area as it'll probably fuzz up with that much working.

John

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
Finally found time to reply to this one. I had a job not too long ago that looked almost identical to this. Difference was mine was nylon carpet and the stain was some deep red potpourri stuff... lots of it. My initial thought was to find a remnant that matches as close as possible and replace the closet carpet. Quick, easy and 100% effective. But, I went ahead and tried removing the stain first.

I used what I have been using since the day it was put on the shelf. Dynachem Dye Stain Remover. I took all of it out. I also had a couple of other brands on the truck and took the opportunity to compare side by side on the same stain. There was no comparison. Customer was very happy and I was once again proved to myself that the Dynachem DSR was the best out there.

Bryan, thanks for the info. I will give your favorite a try. You should try the Dynachem to see how it compares. I have not found anything that is as good.

Ray

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I have no idea what to even say Mikey.....

The weak Cringed!!!! and you CONQUERED!!!!!!!:clap:

Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom