3 for $99 or EVERYTHING FOR $499

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Just a thought. Have any of you advertised big dollars?

Example:

For the 5 Star, Clean as a whistle package, get all the carpet cleaned (5rooms, hallway), Sofa, Loveseat, Recliner, and kitchen tile for only $499! (Regular $599)

But wait, there's more!!

Get a scotch guard upgrade for your living room and hallway FREE!

Just a thought.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I've never offered a package price unless I'm already in the house trying to upsell

But I'd be more tempted to offer a higher price package than a lower one, even the wealthy like a deal whereas the cheap are just cheap

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
Th
Just a thought. Have any of you advertised big dollars?

Example:

For the 5 Star, Clean as a whistle package, get all the carpet cleaned (5rooms, hallway), Sofa, Loveseat, Recliner, and kitchen tile for only $499! (Regular $599)

But wait, there's more!!

Get a scotch guard upgrade for your living room and hallway FREE!

Just a thought.

I thought these idiotic ideas only took place in February..

Reactions: Mark Saiger

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt, you are going to spend 8-10 hrs at someone’s house for 499$? With that amount of work, I’d be at 1800-2500 $.....
5 rooms, 2hrs max. Sofa, loveseat, recliner: 1.5hr max. Kitchen tile, 30min. That's only 4hrs, maybe 4.5. Where are you getting your numbers?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Here's an example in another type of service

https://goo.gl/images/9Qjh14

And I had to scroll through tons of crappy $85 ads to find this one. I'm sure they targeted this kind of ad out to the areas where the houses are lake houses, 2nd homes, etc. That's where I'd send my ad out, because people that own those homes know the real cost of a good service

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just figured how all you guys are dogging the 2 for $89 deal

Why don’t you guys grow a spine and throw out a big number?

The good customers will see the value and make a call.

Name
Jeff T
255E4CB8-2F16-45D2-AE6A-805328078821.jpeg Right in line with this guy.... if that’s your business model, I guess I won’t say anything....

Reactions: Nomad74

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not only are the prices low but then he gives away something in each package.
I bet that dude is one busy sumbitch! Yep, busy workin his way out of the business! :shifty:

Free stairs? Damn that's hard work. How about an entry mat free instead.

Who is that guy?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Matt, Just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. But if you're going to send out an EDDM with $500 prices don't expect a response. You're marketing to coupon clippers. You're going to find yourself painted into a corner and married to some ridiculous jobs working for ridiculous people. If you want bigger ticket customers then you need to start networking more. Go through your current customer list and start asking for referrals of their friends. Start thinking in terms of the life-time value of a customer and the value of their friends.

I just hate to see you waste your money with a zero ROI (sorry @Lee Stockwell ) on an EDDM campaign. There are different ways to market to different types.

Name
Jeff T
You never answered my question on why you’re spending 8-10hrs on a job like I described
Cause I build value into what I do. And I charge for it. The furniture alone would take me between 3-4 hrs. The carpeting probably 2-3, and the tile probably 2-3..... BTW, don’t be angry with me, but your OP sounds ALOT like Vince from Slap-Chop.... what is your target market Matt? What’s your average job ticket? I did 3 today, and average ticket was 375$.... remember this, the bluer the collar on people, the dirtier the carpet/tile/uph, the HARDER YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR LESS MONEY.... more time, Chemicals, fuel, etc.... your profit margin is LESS THAN WITH HIGHER END....

Reactions: Donwand

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don’t need a lesson in running my business. But I see how you need to justify your extremely high prices. I don’t see spending that much time cleaning microfiber furniture, ceramic tile, and cheap poly.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My original post was humor pointing to my curiosity, wondering if the wealthier areas would be a good testing ground

I wouldn’t advertise that rediculous slogan

The hell if I need a lecture

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Sofa, loveseat, recliner: 1.5hr max.

The furniture alone would take me between 3-4 hrs.

the carpet sounds about right for both of you
(couple hours)
but one seems fast and the other slow for upl

if both working alone, and common fabric, I'm sure Matt's not vac'ing upl in that time frame
but 4 hours to do those three pces, I wonder if Jeff is "OCD Warnnerizing" it ?

..L.T.A.

Name
Jeff T
Matt, I know I come off as arrogant, elitist, and condescending. That’s what 18 years of construction has done to me. My job as a foreman/junior superintendent has turned me that way. I ONLY WISH THE BEST FOR YOU. We are all here because we give a shit. If we didn’t, we would all be hanging around some shyte bar, drinking cheap beer, telling the same stories over and over. We here, all desire to be the best at what we do.... that’s why we share ideas, success, and failure.... I feel it’s also our job to help navigate one another from the ‘hack’ pitfalls.... I’m just trying to help man....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom