3 mths with the truck/trailer setup....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so far....I like it quiet a bit...

There are a few things that are annoying vs working out of the box truck....not having a built in waste high shelf is the major one.....controls right there vs inside the trailer...is another...(had to put it in that way due to weight distribution)......There are no "lazy" times with a trailer.....it wanders some...with a box...it was just there...

Positive notes....HELLUVA lot easier to get in and out.....pulling all the hoses out the side = PRICELESS.....I thought parking on the street, was going to cause me to pull more hose.....ehhh not really... The ride after a long job, with having cruise is awesome....

Fuel MPG isnt where i was hoping/thought it would be.....which negated a savings over the box.....

uhhh the fact i can pull a few canyons at 65-70, with cruise control, vs dropping to 45 is awesome....or even on the freeway the box would lose 5 or so miles....with this...i can ACCELERATE if needs be to get around people on slight inclines

Still have a ton of "setup" things i need to figure out...but with being so busy...i never have time or energy to work on it...hahahah

hydracat

"i never have time or energy". so many things i need to do but when? Kids, wife, God,(not in that order) I know the feeling.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Getting in and out of the trailer would be nicer since you are so low to the ground but hauling that sucker around would be a pain.

The gas, the parking, coupled with the fact it makes me nervous keeping an eye on staying in my lane, ruins it for me. We have one trailer and I hate hauling it, I can't back it up, I can only go forward. :icon_redface:

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I had a trailer mount for about 3 months. Couldnt wait to get the machine out and into a van. Major pain in the neck. Some guys love them tho.

Adam

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I can not see using the trailer in NJ. The tolls would be expensive too here.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have used trailers for years and honestly I think I would like it better if it was in a box truck. I hate having to hook and unhook the trailer. its nice for me doing mostly water restoration because I can use the bed of the truck for all the garbage. The trailer is really nice for hauling alot of equipment. if I was cleaning carpets primarily I would not want to use a trailer. I think I saw that you had a dodge. when I had a dodge I was getting around 11.5 mpg mix city and highway. the ford is getting me slightly better at probably 12.3ish. I am to the point now where I want something more nimble and easy to get around in. I also kinda want a smaller smother riding truck than a 3/4-1 ton diesel truck. I am sick of paying $1/gallon of diesel and sick of paying $1100 for a set of tires. If I hadn't spent 10 grand getting my trailer setup and modified I would do a box truck and just get a new f150 for personal/business.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
He's in denial in an attempt to justify his decision.

nope love it....

and the majority of my places to go are pretty wide open....

and i have been so busy...i just dont unhook....unless its more then 1 full day of no work...i just haul it with me when i run errands....

and parking I get to fudge areas...lol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea but you're like Steve G, this ain't your first rodeo with trailers. It's easy for you guys, I hate it.

I'll do it if I have to but I hate it.

I jacknife the lawn cart I pull with the four-wheeler. :redface:

Name
BradFenstermaker
Doug are you pulling with a Gasser or Diesel?? I would love to find a TNT in a small trailer for a back up 1 day.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My 2 favorites days. The day I bought the trailer was good, the day I sold it was better. narrow roads trying to back into or out driveways where you can not park on the street. adios

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
a CUMMINS....WOOT

anywho...yes different areas have different needs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom