30k in 2 days w/ 1 truck

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
No bullshit!

I met a guy doing this and 30k in a weekend is par for the course.

go figure.

can anybody help me convert a vortex into a meatwagon? :lol:

g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0A2FU7Pa_og]

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Any cats, dogs, or horses missing in that area?? I just can't buy meat from someone selling out of their truck. We've got local guys around here that go door to door trying to sell packaged meat out of a freezer in their vans, or on the back of a pickup.

I see the DJ's van advertises "Bob and Tom" morning show. Those guys are a hoot!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
its unbelievable how much cash one dude and a truck can gross by slinging beef.

The 20 ribeyes for 20 bucks is the hook. once the hook is set they upsell you the $400 beef package combo.

Flat out amazing!

Talk about bait n switch. But, he and his posse are doing it.

He rolled into town w 3 or 4 big trucks. Bought a warehouse, a house and 6 econolines. All cash, or so he says. :?:

The dude reminds me of a carnival worker but he slings mad volumes of beef.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
He didn't make 30K he Grossed 30k. Big difference!!

A carpet cleaners net can be as high as 80%.

This meat slinger, I bet is netting far less than 5%.

Selling 20 small steaks for 20 bucks, just doesn't leave much meat on the bone.

Especially after the paying for product, transportation,taxes and promotion costs (The radio station)

Your first mistake was believing a carnival barker.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Here is sampling of what the buyers of this "Meat" think:

I spent $165 last year on the big package. The really thin ribeyes marinated ok for Chinese food, but the other steaks were awful. I just went out and bought more meat at the store and started cooking one for the dog every time I grilled to get rid of them. They are kinda edible, but don't be mislead...you get what you pay for!
Never again

They are here in Colorado and I thought, "Sure I'll try them." They try to upsell to a larger, more expensive package but weren't too pushy about it. The "20 ribeyes for $20" is just that - 20 $1 ribeyes! The entire package is 5 pounds and you can do the math to figure out how small each "ribeye" is.

I thought "fajitas" would be just right based on the size of the steaks. Well, the meat is terrible! Probably the worst I've ever had!! Luckily it only cost me $20!!! Lesson learned...
3holen1
Cunningham, KY

You get what you pay for...can't really complain about a steak that only cost a dollar but seriously, that's about all they're worth. not good flavor, small and very tough. I also bought one of the other packages and it was the same quality of meat on all cuts, including the fillets. I ended up cooking most of them for my dog and gave the other cuts away. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Also, the logo leads you to believe that its the brand name "Omaha beef", which is VERY good quality but that's NOT the case...
fox11
Chicago, IL

Jun 27, 2011 Hahaha 5 pounds for 20 Steaks that's like 4 ounce a steak lol wow that's small I guess u do get what u pay for lol

Paducah, KY

Don't buy their steaks. I bought the ribeyes last year and had to throw them out, could not eat tough and no taste.

This must be where my brother-in-laws dairy cattle end up. I thought they went to dog food.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Everyone has an opinion...

But, I think your profit numbers are off.

I'm willing to bet that credit card receipts alone are sufficent to pay the bills including taxes.

Is it a 30 percent cash business??????????????????????????????????????????????????

The 20 ribeyes for 20 bucks is the hook. The package deals are where he makes the BIG money. He'll even give you a few boxes of ribeyes for free if you buy a combo deal of other meat cuts.

The markup on beef is probably about the same as the markup on a new Multi-Sprayer from Jon-Don. In case you didn't know the markup is about double.

Dave, how would you like to sell 10 or 20 new Multi-Sprayers a day at full retail?

I'm tempted to gut my vortex and drop in a freezer unit. If I wasn't so lazy... I even got a guy who worked for the carnie for a few days willing to sling beef for me...

It wouldn't take much...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
As far as I could tell from some brief on-line research. Your figures are exaggerated. Gross net is around 30%. on steaks. The bottom would have to be 1/2 that at best. (I guess still more than 5%.)

Specialty products (Like those sprayers) typically have much higher prices than products that have mass appeal. You just can't sell as many sprayers as you can bad quailty steaks. Just basic economics.

A carpet cleaning/steaks mobile would have as much public apeal and trust as a carpet cleaning/shakes/electricity/phone... mobile.

Connor

Name
Connor
Try reading the ingredients label on that stuff, even if it wasn't frozen, it would never decay, it's been embalmed.

I did a job for a company selling that stuff. Before I left the manager started his schtick and layed out all this steak, shrimp and fish, then I read to him the ingredients label out loud and told him that it was all poison. He declared that he eats it everyday and that he feels great, I told him that it wasn't the food, but the red bull and monster drinks that he had been chugging while I was working, cos he did, he drank two red bulls and a monster in an hours time.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
A mob working on the same principles as the above came into our town a few months ago.

They did massive radio & tv advertising.

Took over an area at our local showgrounds for a VERY minimal outlay and stayed for a week-end with two semi trailers and reefers (refrigerated trailers).

They had bloody big banners along the fence on the main road of the showgrounds promoting their cheap meat.

The outrage on the local talk back radio station on the Friday, coupled with the "people power" outside the front gates on both Saturday & Sunday was very strong.

Many butchers were down there, eyeballing customers that they knew and asking them if they intended coming back to shop with them in future.

Those that weren't in the meat game, but were standing up for our "local guys", were slinging abuse and calling their neighbours out over their loyalty to the local butchers.

Many saw the point and turned away without buying any product.

The scalpers would have been lucky to have sold to 100 customers.

Public sentiment in our already failing economy was so vocal that before to long several cop cars arrived and told the people to carry on, but don't get physical.

When the "meat scalpers" came up to complain about the crowd, the cops told them to go back to their trailers and don't antagonize the locals as they were outside the showgrounds fence.

We doubt they will be back.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
one of those "pick-ups with a freezer in the bed" made a cold call at the house some years ago.
He had what must of been a trainee with him

i was bored so i let them in to hear their schtick

guess he didn't figure on me getting the calculator out to figure the price pr "pound" of the meat he was slinging.
it actually pi$$ed him off :lol:

I'd venture a guess there's a fair amount of profit in it (donno what percentage the street salesman makes) but the price pr pound for their low quality garbage meat was as much and more as top quality butcher cut fresh meats ..when calculated by the "pound"

the "package" deals are a complete rip-off .
They give you mostly hamburger and chicken lEgz.
That's when the dude got pissed off about my calculator , cause the trainee listened intently as I showed how quality prime cuts of meat could be bought locally for $XX pr pound but the bulk of their "package deal" was hamburger and 49 cent a pnd chicken legs.
by weight, it was 3 to 4 times as much

so i'm sure there's plenty profit to con out of the gullible rubes they prey on

..L.T.A.

S

sam miller

Had a guy que up some steaks off one of these deals and damn if the steak didnt taste fishy.

I like fish but not steak fish.

can't beat good Meat. thats just something You dont skimp on.

I like costco or Vons. Walmarts is nasty. and this schill off the freezer truck is worse.

Mikey P

Administrator
I had the same dude but in a pick up come to our house twice.

He should learn to take notes like Stockwell and Toburen do..

25 Elm st- snake handler
78 Elm st- nude fat guy
122 Elm st-Mormon
Instead...
2888 Estates dr- vegan fag.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
All we ever get is once a year guy selling fruit out of the back of a truck. They swarm up both sides of the street with bags of fruit in each arm. They look like they just crossed the border if that matters. The fruit was good.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Erskine Allin said:
one of those "pick-ups with a freezer in the bed" made a cold call at the house some years ago.
He had what must of been a trainee with him

i was bored so i let them in to hear their schtick

guess he didn't figure on me getting the calculator out to figure the price pr "pound" of the meat he was slinging.
it actually pi$$ed him off :lol:

I'd venture a guess there's a fair amount of profit in it (donno what percentage the street salesman makes) but the price pr pound for their low quality garbage meat was as much and more as top quality butcher cut fresh meats ..when calculated by the "pound"

the "package" deals are a complete rip-off .
They give you mostly hamburger and chicken lEgz.
That's when the dude got pissed off about my calculator , cause the trainee listened intently as I showed how quality prime cuts of meat could be bought locally for $XX pr pound but the bulk of their "package deal" was hamburger and 49 cent a pnd chicken legs.
by weight, it was 3 to 4 times as much

so i'm sure there's plenty profit to con out of the gullible rubes they prey on

..L.T.A.

C'mon, Larry......it wasn't the shotgun leaning by the fireplace, or the pistols you had holstered while you sittin' talkin' to these guys?? Or maybe the hunting knife you were sharpening while you "chatted" with the meat hawkers??

I'll bet you had to clean the chairs they were sitting on after they left.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Royal Man said:
All we ever get is once a year guy selling fruit out of the back of a truck. They swarm up both sides of the street with bags of fruit in each arm. They look like they just crossed the border if that matters. The fruit was good.

Maybe these guys should team up with the "J-WITTS" door to door sales staff. You can add "door to door alarm system salesmen with a sob story" to tell to the list.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
They try to make people think they are Omaha steaks because their trucks say from Omaha. I stopped at one here once. They looked like shLt. I passed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom