33 blower with a Honda or Kubota

G

I have an old Bane blower and was thinking about hooking it up to a 8hp Honda/Kubota engine. I won't need the pump hooked up to the engine. Will it spin the blower fast enough? If a 1.5 horse electric can spin it I would assume 8 hp would also. I would assume the pulleys would be the same size? I was think about putting it on a piece of wood to bench test it first. I would need it for 150ft runs at the most. Maybe just a winter project. Thanks

Greenie

Sure it'll spin it, it will turn it at 3600 rpms all day long, but the question is....at what lift?
It's all good til you put a load on it.
But it can't be any worse than a Bane.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Darrell;

We've built a lot of TM's with #33 blowers; some Slide-Ins and some Portables.

You should use more HP. We started with Honda 11HP and quickly switched to 13 HP Hondas.

The 13 HP was a well-matched driver for the #33 and pulled 15" of lift with a belt drive.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

Name
Lee Stockwell
The 8 hp will work fine, especially if you are just coming over from a stock Bane.

It's 3MV turns at 40% of its rated rpm (~1350) and usually pulls 7hg, while also turning a robbins & myer "moyno" pump.

The gas motor will settle in at about 3450 rpm, so if you put a 4" to 5.5" pulley on the motor and leave the stock 4" pulley on the bane blower you can really scream, probably up into the 11 hg area.

Hey, that's "screaming" for a Bane....

G

Thanks for all the info guys. Now just need to buy the motor and I will be all set. What do you guys recommend for a silencer? I still have the stock bane muffler. Will that work? I just figure for a few hundred dollars I can have a decent machine. I would use a water otter for pressure. Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom