360i arrival

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mike Draper said:
Ron, dont be such a pussy! Just try the RV-360 out and quit yer bitchhhin. You can send the dang thing back if ya dont want it. It has it's place. Believe me, I have a Ti wand 12 flow, a Zipper Jr. 15 flow, a prochem procaps, a small scrubber like yours, a cimex, I vac the shit out of everything and use 2.5" hose except for a 20' whip. The rv will do its job where its necessary better than anything else and until you give it an honest go on multiple jobs you truly wont know that it will out clean your wand.

Give us a break Mike!
That will end the arguments.

And then what will we do? :p

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Chads said:
go one step further with Prevacuming, prespraying, aggitation with dual cylinder brush(like a host,sebo,or witaker,)then scrubb with rotary, post pad, groom and fan dry.

Wow Chad you are my hero.
In my book you are the nation top carpet cleaning honcho.
Numero uno.

For a short while it was green guy but you left him in the dust!

Though, regretfully, I did not see fluffing in the list described above :p

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Mike Draper said:
Ron, dont be such a pussy! Just try the RV-360 out and quit yer bitchhhin. You can send the dang thing back if ya dont want it. It has it's place. Believe me, I have a Ti wand 12 flow, a Zipper Jr. 15 flow, a prochem procaps, a small scrubber like yours, a cimex, I vac the shit out of everything and use 2.5" hose except for a 20' whip. The rv will do its job where its necessary better than anything else and until you give it an honest go on multiple jobs you truly wont know that it will out clean your wand.

If there was one in the area I'd try it. I've not got 2 grand to "try" a piece of equipment nor to have a 2K piece of equipment collecting dust on the truck. Used my RX20 once in the past 10yrs, that was just this past year when someone posted about using it and I thought I'd try it again. Scrub and rinse was so much more efficient in time and extraction.

TimP

I don't think Ron should buy it. He's convinced his RX-20 don't clean well. So a rotovac 360i isn't a tool for him.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
TimP said:
I don't think Ron should buy it. He's convinced his RX-20 don't clean well. So a rotovac 360i isn't a tool for him.

I agree with Ron having used an RX-20 for a year and going back to the 175/wand combo. And this was 15 years before using glides which make the combo even better and faster. Mikey has always agreed the RX was inferior also. Now he's got sperm all over his new 360i and thinks it's the shit. Something's up there.

TimP

Mike Draper said:
IMO, the RX doesn't clean worth a crap, I wouldn't use one either.

I disagree. It's better than a glided wand which don't clean worth a crap for heavy soiled carpet. It's ok for light to medium. An RX may not out clean a 175 high flow wand combination, I've never tested side by side. But it does clean quite well. You may of had one with stopped up jets or something because when they aren't spraying right it don't clean well. And flat jets do clean better than the stock cone jets, especially at 6 flow.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've cleaned a few thousand sqft with the RX and I never did like it..not worth the hassle even if there were a slight increase in productivity.

Three "cords" to deal with instead of "2" (hoses and cords) too low to the ground for us 6 fters and mechanical moving parts mean more maintenance.

With that said, the RV 360 looks a little better with the same issues listed above.

It would probably be good for the trashed out places...but why not just use an aggressive scrubber and then wand....IMO you're going to have to wand no mater what anyway.

The extra BS with the RV's and RX's seems like a good idea but the end result is the same (clean carpet)....to each his own.

In my Chem dry days we would put the scrub brush on the Matador and then change it out for the pad driver and bonnet clean it...groom after and it looked great.
Chem dry then came out with their crappy portable...the "Velda" and things started changing...the first wands didn't even have a Vac attachment...you could only spray with it WTF?
When they brought the RX 20's....or "powerheads" into the mix it just got over saturated with steps and worthless crap.

KISS....Keep It Simple Steamer. lol

TimP

Corky you can't compare cleaning with a rotary RX-20, as a chemdry and HWE with real TLC'ers.

TimP

I've watched the Chem-dry videos. Their stuff don't clean worth a damn. You have to have some chemistry to go along with your agitation and rinsing(more flow/pressure than what they use) to clean well.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I had a CD for 5 years. Ran the tm and rx. The rx is the heart of the system, without it it's worthless.

Albert

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
TimP said:
I've watched the Chem-dry videos. Their stuff don't clean worth a damn. You have to have some chemistry to go along with your agitation and rinsing(more flow/pressure than what they use) to clean well.
SO, would a rotary gives all the agitation, but will it clean with a "rinse" or does it need an emulsifier to continue to clean.

TimP said:
I disagree. It's better than a glided wand which don't clean worth a crap for heavy soiled carpet. It's ok for light to medium. An RX may not out clean a 175 high flow wand combination, I've never tested side by side. But it does clean quite well. You may of had one with stopped up jets or something because when they aren't spraying right it don't clean well. And flat jets do clean better than the stock cone jets, especially at 6 flow.
I have a CRBscrubber and high flow wand, plus it gets well vacuumed before hand

BTW, what are the jets on the 360i, flat? cone? 02's? 03's? 04's? 06's??
at 250psi would need pretty good flow to get the heat in from the truck.

The reasons I don't like the RX20, it never seemed to dry the carpet as well as my glided wand. Its awkward to use. Works well for heavily soiled cgd esp when compared with a normal wand but I tried the glided greenhorn wand on the same cgd I had rotaried and got better results.

I'm all for improving tools and using them, but they need to be "improvements" over what's available. As in the demo video, a 360i vs an AW29 wand, no contest, the 360i wins.
vs a scrubber (crb or 175) and a high flow greenhorn, debatable until tested.

Is the 360 that much faster than a scrub and wand, considering the passes need with it and also the edging with a wand? Does it work that much better than an RX20?

TimP

Ron, like I said I'm not going to tell you that it cleans better than a 175 or other scrubber and high flow wand because I don't know. Mikey seems to think so, and has used both. I've tried using a pad with my RX to do the two step cleaning, and I've used my cimex from time to time on residential.

From my experience what I see is that the RX-20 scrubs better as it was designed and flushes more crud out than the other method. I see it scrubbing hair into little bunches and of course accumulating on the wand arms as well as sand particles. And I've noticed some things come up that didn't come up before. But I've not done side by side testing. Yes the dry times are slightly longer with an RX. But if you do dry passes with an RX or follow with a glided wand they are just the same if not better than a glided wand before. A 360i has been claimed to dry even better, but I don't have one to speak about. Yes it does take longer, but if it's heavily soiled carpet there isn't much time difference and that's when you should be using the RX-20.

One thing for sure is that a 360i is much lighter than just about any other tool you can bring in the house to get mechanical agitation and if it cleans as well as an RX-20 and can out dry it because of the variable speed motor then I think it is a great tool for what it is. Not to mention being more versatile for residential because of the variable speed motor, there are jobs where the RX hops and I can't use it.

I stand by what I said for you, Ron. I think you should stop worrying about it. You obviously don't like rotary extractor machines and don't like your RX-20. You shouldn't buy the 360i. Not to mention you're too close minded to even give it a try so stop arguing about something you don't want to try or believe in, or give a chance.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'm not closed minded, just hard to convince. Like the Saphire Uph tool. If it would have outperformed my HK tool, I would have said it. I wasn't sure about the greenhorn wand either when it first came out but I've seen that it is one of the best wand designs made.
I've seen the crud the RX20 removes too. I was prevacing those rooms as well. It has to be REALLY trashed me to need that machine since with a Whittaker and greenhorn I've restored pile and cleanliness.

If you don't have a 360i, please refrain from trying to answer my questions and let those that do have one answer. I'm trying to learn about it, if it actually IS the cats meow. I can't do that if you're throwing in your "opinions".

TimP

Ron Werner said:
I can't do that if you're throwing in your "opinions".

I don't see why you can't figure out where I'm coming from when I clearly state my experience and limitations to my opinion. I don't sit there and misrepresent. I have always said from the start, based on an Rx-20. They are similar machines with similar results. You have one too, so this whole 360i dilemma should be pretty cut and dry for you. I've never tried to convince you to buy one since IDGAS if you do or don't buy one. But some of your thinking doesn't fit with my experience. It sounds to me that you're set in your ways and don't want to try something new, and I don't blame you. If it's not broke don't fix it.

I don't see how you're going to figure out weather to buy one or not until you try one. Nobody is going to convince you that it's right for you based on their experience. You're a one of a kind carpet cleaner for sure. The only way you're going to find if "YOU" like it is to try it. I really think you wont like it and would be a waste of time for you based on what I can tell about your experience from the RX-20. They have been compared by a few people and I believe their opinions to be honest.

I want the 360i and will most likely buy one but it's going to be at least a few months before I have enough disposable income to buy one. I have to get through my slow season. I want it for only a few reasons. 1 it's lighter than an rx-20. 2 it's more versatile for residential due to the variable speed motor. 3 it's supposed to clean as well if not better than the RX-20. Based on those 3 things I think it's worth being on my truck, money is just the issue. I'm not interested in keeping a 175 or cimex on my truck, they are too heavy for 1 man to pull in and out regularly. Since I run into a lot of trashed carpet that need scrubbing. Oh another reason I like the RX is because it's easier on my body to run it compared to even a glided wand.

steampro

Name
Ryan
I clean at about 400 psi with the 360i. I dont believe it takes much longer to clean than a wand, cleans WAY better, and from my experience dries faster. The jets blast straight down rather than shear at an angle, and it sucks a ton of crap out.

And I use it on almost all of our commercial jobs with awesome results. I used it on 72 commercial buildings in the last 2 months, maybe three of them I wouldnt use it again on because their are some commercial carpets that it is tough to control it on. Been cleaning these accounts for about five years, done everything from scrub with 175 followed by a greenhorn high flow wand, encap, Ive never seen those dark high traffic paths look as good as with the 360i. It looks like your sucking up pure mud in the clear sight tube. No pre-scrubbing either. This thing is the best purchase I made this year.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
steampro said:
I clean at about 400 psi with the 360i. I dont believe it takes much longer to clean than a wand, cleans WAY better, and from my experience dries faster. The jets blast straight down rather than shear at an angle, and it sucks a ton of crap out.

And I use it on almost all of our commercial jobs with awesome results. I used it on 72 commercial buildings in the last 2 months, maybe three of them I wouldnt use it again on because their are some commercial carpets that it is tough to control it on. Been cleaning these accounts for about five years, done everything from scrub with 175 followed by a greenhorn high flow wand, encap, Ive never seen those dark high traffic paths look as good as with the 360i. It looks like your sucking up pure mud in the clear sight tube. No pre-scrubbing either. This thing is the best purchase I made this year.
Ryan,
Good feedback.
Do you also use it in residential?
If so, does it slow you down, considering that you still have to use the wand for corners under some furniture etc?
If it is not a trashed residential, where you will benefit from the extra agitation, would you still use it?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
When did Hoodie become an expert on carpet cleaning? The clown has never even be on the Top 25 list. I am going to get a 360i cuz Mikey says its the bomb. Buyer beware on Hoodie trying to amke a buck off selling the 360i.

Golden Boy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom