360i works great on most commercial carpets

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
For me, the streaking happens on all kinds of carpet if I'm moving too fast. I think at that pace, you won't have streaking issues.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
The 4jet head if done right, takes alot of the streaking out.

atleast for me : )

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I wish someone would show what the "streaking" looks like from the 360i'. I have never seen it in the few thousand carpets I have cleaned over the past three years. Is it something that can't be removed? Is it soil remaining? I have two 360i's and both are the three swoop head models.

Reactions: KevinL

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The only time I ever seen any streaking was on the thicker pile carpets...and I am sure it is because of the small head and not having enough stability to hold itself up....on berber and CGD...it did a great job.....but it could stay above the carpet........

CGD....machine sets above the carpet and jets are free to spray..........

IMG_5307_zps98dcf9e3.jpg

thicker pile carpet.....jets are hitting fibers ...water can not spray like they should to flush out fibers....

IMG_5573_zpsf6480827.jpg

this is how far it pulled itself down into the carpet when hooked to my machine...if you look close you can see the tubes that feed the jets...
there is no way that water is spraying out like it needs to...........

IMG_5575_zps860ea50c.jpg

the head on the XL is much wide base and more stability.........everyone tell me that there is no streaking with this one and that it does a much better job......
Personally I am looking forward to getting my hands on one and trying it out....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Thank's Jim, but that's a picture of indentations left from the swoop head after it's done turning. That gets vacced or brushed out. I've cleaned that same carpeting and the water sprays out, the fibers are displaced by the metal swoops (that do the actual cleaning) the carpet is rinsed by the jets and extracted dry. I still don't see the streaking.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
pretty obvious Art..........look at the marks next to it and it is dug in..........

Its not like I am the only one who has ever owned one of these that have seen the same problem.......
others have seen the exact same thing and have mentioned it before............

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Those are swirls, from what I can tell from the pictures Jim. Admittedly they are more difficult to remove on a thick pile, but it's not streaking which requires some sort of recleaning or other touch up work.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Those are swirls, from what I can tell from the pictures Jim. Admittedly they are more difficult to remove on a thick pile, but it's not streaking which requires some sort of recleaning or other touch up work.

I wasn't showing streaking...I was showing why I think it streaked....because the jets are being blocked......

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I wish someone would show what the "streaking" looks like from the 360i'. I have never seen it in the few thousand carpets I have cleaned over the past three years. Is it something that can't be removed? Is it soil remaining? I have two 360i's and both are the three swoop head models.

I'll try ?

View attachment 5205

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
It is my understanding that the streaking is a straight line rather than swirls.

Another thing to enter into the equation is that the newer 360i Quad has higher vac shoes, the exact same as the Rotovac XL, so they bring the jets to a higher level off the carpet.

I have found that the swirl marks are generally able to be groomed out. My twin head Rotovac at times was a bear to remove swirls, as I would often go back over the carpet with a wand to help.

I think the straight line streaking that is possible comes from higher heat and slower movement of the RV over the carpet. It may be like my old SteamWay wand, where on some carpets with the close to the fiber single high flow jet and very high heat would do the same thing. Almost like a distortion rather than a clean streak.

I am not 100 percent sure what has caused a slight straight streak a time or two, but if I adjust to it, it seems to be avoidable. Cleaning pattern, speed, heat, adjustment.

I love my 360i quad. Not too heavy to ever not bring in and use and so much easier than the twin head to use. I now even use it on stairs.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Mike Draper

So Jim, If streaking is caused by a jet problem then the HOSS should not streak at all?

Mike Draper

It's been my observation for many years now that the streaking is not caused solely by jets. On thicker and usually very dirty carpets the rotary machine is evenly balanced across all the cleaning teeth as you swing to the right, but as you swing to the left the teeth dig in further this causing a cleaner and narrow stripe on that pass. My neighbor has the perfect carpet for streaking. It doesn't matter such rotary I use on it, it'll streak. That includes the hoss and overlapping 90% and slow as hell cleaning.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It's been my observation for many years now that the streaking is not caused solely by jets. On thicker and usually very dirty carpets the rotary machine is evenly balanced across all the cleaning teeth as you swing to the right, but as you swing to the left the teeth dig in further this causing a cleaner and narrow stripe on that pass. My neighbor has the perfect carpet for streaking. It doesn't matter such rotary I use on it, it'll streak. That includes the hoss and overlapping 90% and slow as hell cleaning.

the only time I have seen that is when the rotary is not planted flat...so when you slightly lift to go back to the right it has to much of a lift and it lost to much contact.........and digs the nose in..
set it as flat as you can and that problem seems to go away....I do about 25% over laps with mine.........

Last edited:

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Absolutely love our 360i, running it slower left to right is the key when it's very dirty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom