3MSPP goodness!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
DO NOT give up your day job. FYI - Armstrong excelon VCT 1/8 tile. Don't do a half assed job when you can do it correctly. "Tar staining "- LOL blackout glue. I could go on. but I'll leave it be.

Mikey P

Administrator
DO NOT give up your day job. FYI - Armstrong excelon VCT 1/8 tile. Don't do a half assed job when you can do it correctly. "Tar staining "- LOL blackout glue. I could go on. but I'll leave it be.

Lets see, they were thrilled that I dramatically improved a fvcked up floor,

Gaps, cracks, brittle, stained etc

I made $200 an hour without causing harm

Armchair quarterbacks crack me up. #idiot.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Willy P

Name
Willy P
LOL- armchair quarter back. I've refinished and installed more vct than you have hairs on your head.A regular black pad would have taken off more of the crud. Stripper used judicially would have given you an even better outcome. Black out glue when soaked can come up through the edge of the tile and leave a stain the can often be remedied with solvent and effort - and that was installed with blackout. You thought that Armstrong vct was peel and stick. :lol: . Did you neutralize the floor? I didn't see that step. With a build up like that a little hands and knees action with a scraper to get the skack off the edges .Running a 175 up to the edge won't do it. When are you going to burnish it to harden the finish? There's a few other things but I'll just leave it be. Some of the purpose of this board is to educate and that's all this is. You may not like the delivery but if you're on the IICRC board for hard floors you should know some of these things. I'll be happy to help you learn some valuable information if you wish. No need to get pissy.

If you want the floor to gleam, this is your best friend. $475 on craigslist here.

1650400197955.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
So you want to polish a turd and pound your chest over it hun Willy. wonderful?

Disintegrating tiles, gaps everywhere, lumps, bumps and cuts and gouges.

I'm not on the VCT resilient floor committee.
I took this garbage job on as a favor to the guy as there's nobody else who touches this junk in the area. But I'm happy that you could pump your janitor knowledge and feel special for a day.

• Haha
Reactions: aaronjumps

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I agree with Mike on this one. Wasting your day stripping dozens of layers of wax and breathing in that stuff is not worth the time. For the same money spent doing it "the right way"...you could go to home depot and put vinyl plank floors down. So cleaning and slapping on a few coats, and going to the next job is the smarter business way to do it

I have that same tornado you posted above and its only 1500rpm max. Nothing to brag about

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
If you'd like me to do a 2-hour video next time I'll show where I edge the corners with a scraper and turned on the acid rinse when I wanded up the goop and when I wiped down all the rubber coving with microfiber

And who the **** is going to burnish a floor that's never going to be maintained more than a dirty mop slung across the six square feet that may be open after they lay rugs all over it.

FFS

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Show me where anything I said about doing vct properly is wrong. Simply put - you can't. I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just stating the obvious.
So you want to polish a turd and pound your chest over it hun Willy. wonderful?

Disintegrating tiles, gaps everywhere, lumps, bumps and cuts and gouges.

I'm not on the VCT resilient floor committee.
I took this garbage job on as a favor to the guy as there's nobody else who touches this junk in the area. But I'm happy that you could pump your janitor knowledge and feel special for a day.
Testy!I've never done a day of janitorial in my life. Helping people learn the right way to do things , nothing special about that.Now go install some of that peel and stick excelon. Maybe contact Armstrong to get a tile stretcher to easily fill in those gaps. :lol:

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom