$4 a room carpet cleaning

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
what a joke...as someone who (painfully admitting) used bonnet cleaning for several years...it's a joke. I knew techs who would "clean" 8 areas in 45 minutes.

I'm sure that $4.00 is ONLY spray/buff...then they pull a greg cole on you...pre-spray will be an additional $15 per room, deodorizer $10 per room etc...for sure a scam.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They are in my area here in Dallas. Yikes.

They use all subs and those guys are getting 35% of that...Huge upsale needed to do anything...and that's what they shoot for.

SFC

Why? You have to do 100 rooms to put and ad on the side of your vehicle. That is completely and utterly stupid. If I was an competitor, I would call this guy up every day and have him do my entrance mat. Every day. Just to waste another hour of his gas and time.

Mike Draper

looks like they copied chem lie's marketing.Their cleaning is prolly just as good to.

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
SFC said:
Why? You have to do 100 rooms to put and ad on the side of your vehicle. That is completely and utterly stupid. If I was an competitor, I would call this guy up every day and have him do my entrance mat. Every day. Just to waste another hour of his gas and time.

That would get expensive. The catch is that there is a $35 trip charge, then it is only $4 per room.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Always a catch when the price is that low...funny how so many people wont' realize that.

It's that "If it's too good to be true" thing

RickL

The $4 is for a Re-clean so if you call them back it's $4 not for the intial service. I have several customers who have called me after the used them. The main complaint (in Atl) was they didn't speak english and they couldn't communicate with them and they couldn't get out a lot of the stains/spots. I never got a straight answer on why they (the customer) wasn't taking advantage of the $4 re-clean. I think they were a little embarassed about the whole thing so I never pursued it real hard.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Brian Robison said:
They are in my area here in Dallas. Yikes.

They use all subs and those guys are getting 35% of that...Huge upsale needed to do anything...and that's what they shoot for.
They only pay 32% here in Atlanta

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
royalkid said:
what a joke...as someone who (painfully admitting) used bonnet cleaning for several years...it's a joke. I knew techs who would "clean" 8 areas in 45 minutes.

I'm sure that $4.00 is ONLY spray/buff...then they pull a greg cole on you...pre-spray will be an additional $15 per room, deodorizer $10 per room etc...for sure a scam.

Wrong! They ding the customer for $400 to clean 6 rooms on the first trip and then let you schedule the $4 cleanings anytime after that. Of course, they call and play the "truck broke down" game 3-4 times until you stop calling them for the $4 cleaning! Interesting concept!

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
"Berber tends to be more expensive than nylon, olefin, polyester, and wool." ????

How do you convince someone with a tm to work for 50 percent or less? If I am right Cole is paying under 40 percent for tm work.

Al

carpet_cleaning_Equipment.jpg

LMAO Beautifull! I'm going to put that on my Blog "don't worry we won't do this to your carpet". LOL

8)

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
danielc said:
How do you convince someone with a tm to work for 50 percent or less? If I am right Cole is paying under 40 percent for tm work.

Offer them an endless supply of jobs and the ability to make $75k-$125k a year in the process. Granted they will spend a lot of time behind the wand, but ultimately work less than someone who is doing everything themselves.(marketing, scheduling, risking their $ on advertising, all the cleaning, etc). Would they use a vortex? - NO! but most use either blazers or propane based Truckmounts,

gregcole said:
danielc said:

Offer them an endless supply of jobs and the ability to make $75k-$125k a year in the process. Granted they will spend a lot of time behind the wand, but ultimately work less than someone who is doing everything themselves.(marketing, scheduling, risking their $ on advertising, all the cleaning, etc). Would they use a vortex? - NO! but most use either blazers or propane based Truckmounts,

That was a pretty good response.

Greg that was a pretty convincing argument and I can see how a cleaner would bite on that if they really had more jobs than they could handle. If a cleaner averaged a 150 dollars per job and and you provided 20 jobs a week that would be 3,000 dollars and their cut would be 1050 at 35 percent and 1200 at 40 percent. Then subtract gas, chemicals (most likely skimping in this department !gotcha! ), insurance, maintenance, and they are left with around 600-700 before taxes. Some techs might make 125k but they are going to need a job average around 300 dollars. My numbers put a guy grossing 3 grand a week for you making 35-40k.

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
gregcole said:
danielc said:

That would be a nice stress free living if an individual is willing to bust ass. Some of Greg's contractors probably end up with more money in their pockets at years end then some message board owner operators bashing his business practices.

tracywalker said:
gregcole said:
danielc said:

That would be a nice stress free living if an individual is willing to bust ass. Some of Greg's contractors probably end up with more money in their pockets at years end then some message board owner operators bashing his business practices.

Read my post. A guy grossing 3 grand a week for Cole is making around 40k before taxes. There is no way in hell his contractors are making the numbers he claims. He may have one or two. I would rather do a couple houses a week and make a 100 grand the right way. I am still intrigued with Mr. Coles ideas and strategies and welcome his conversation.

Chris A

Name
Chris
danielc said:
Read my post. A guy grossing 3 grand a week for Cole is making around 40k before taxes. There is no way in hell his contractors are making the numbers he claims. He may have one or two. I would rather do a couple houses a week and make a 100 grand the right way. I am still intrigued with Mr. Coles ideas and strategies and welcome his conversation.

75-125K is probably their gross profit, i.e. the subs "cut". With gas, chems, TM payment etc. a good tech who minds their expenses would probably net 50-60 of that 75. Remember, no marketing, no office, just a cell phone and a truck.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Chris Adkins said:
danielc said:

75-125K is probably their gross profit, i.e. the subs "cut". With gas, chems, TM payment etc. a good tech who minds their expenses would probably net 50-60 of that 75. Remember, no marketing, no office, just a cell phone and a truck.

Sorry I haven't responded sooner- I've been busy here is Florida scoping a location across the street from Harpers! I figured if he was gonna follow me around, I would make it easy... shiteatinggrin

A contractor that manages his expenses will usually net 85-89% of what his gross profit is from contracting from me. A large percentage of my contractors receive payment exceeding $75k. You also worked hundreds if not thousands of hours in the office, on the phone, etc to get to the stage that you are at. Don't pretend you haven't because everyone on here knows better!

Daniel- the "right way" is your way? Are you not open to others ideas? Do you You an I both know that there is no way you started netting $60k-$90K your first couple of years.

-JB-

Name
JB
Of course, they call and play the "truck broke down" game 3-4 times until you stop calling them for the $4 cleaning! Interesting concept!

Greg,
That sounds very much like the crap "others" were slinging at you not too long ago, so....what information did you use to validate that statement?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
JB said:
Of course, they call and play the "truck broke down" game 3-4 times until you stop calling them for the $4 cleaning! Interesting concept!

Greg,
That sounds very much like the crap "others" were slinging at you not too long ago, so....what information did you use to validate that statement?

I brought on 7 other their contractors during 2009. Same story from all of them. Unless their policies have change since October, it is currenly going on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom