45 blower handle 16 inch wand??

Name
Marcus
Yea I believe both of my pullies on engine and blower are the same diameter....
So the question is at what hp and torque is a 45 blower hit its maximum performance of 3500 rpms and 400 cfm

I am saying for my machine it did not hit maximum performance until I got the 33 hp generac that has. The 59 torque......
Some are saying it maxes out at a 18..20 hp my original truckmount man. Said it maxed out at 25 hp but they had never used a higher hp..
The 30 hp I use is full throttle.. The the 33 hp generac is throttled down a little as it does not need to be full throttle....
The 33 hp outperforms the 30 hp with the same blower size same setup..45 tuthill
I know it has to do with load.....which probably means wand size...length of hose...and how much water is being flushed thru....filters...
I try to maximize water flow especially on returants....012 flow....full throttle no trigger......so it needs a lot of power....
I will also make a plug for the generac as it has given incredible performance for the price...everything the guy that sold it to me said it would....but some are scepticle of parts replacement...so u have to have a mechanic that can work on them....
Bottom line is the 33 hp generac outperforms my 30 hp kholer and was 200$ cheaper.....59 torque compared to 45 torque
Cap

Name
Marcus
I own both a 47 blower unit pushed by a 34 hp kohler and a 45 pushed by a 23hp briggs. My 47 has been down for 2 weeks in the transmission shop so I used the 45. While the 45 running at 3400rpm did a great job I noticed today after talking the 47 back out that there is a hands down major difference when I ran the 47 when it came to performance and dry times. I own the 16 inch evolution wand that is 2'' . I think the 47gets decent results with the 16inch but imo I think the4 s a little t small and notice itstruggle on the 16 incher. Id go with a greenhorn jr a prochem quad instead
I would define like to upgrade to a 47 blower and get the 20 percent increase 400...500 cfm
More vacuum...more. Water flow....more cleaning....faster cleaning and faster dry times...happy customers ...happy carpet guys....it's all in the plans for next year.....wife has something to say about it.
Cap

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bottom line is the 33 hp generac outperforms my 30 hp kholer and was 200$ cheaper.....59 torque compared to 45 torque
Cap

I certainly can't argue with another man's experience, Marc
But can't help but wonder if you're old motor was just tired and dogging down 3-400 RMP under load?
That would certainly account for the increased performance you see with the new motor

or possibly belts slipping, and they were changed/adjusted right with the new motor??

cause again, if a blower is spinning at 3200 rpm @ 14 hg (what I run mine at) as long as the motor has enough guts to maintain that load, it doesn't matter what size motor.

To be clear, I'm not saying more than enough HP isn't a good thing, just saying once you have "enough" torque/HP to run a blower under load and maintain rpm under load, bigger than enough doesn't change the performance perimeters of the blower

..L.T.A.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
The 30 hp I use is full throttle.. The the 33 hp generac is throttled down a little as it does not need to be full throttle....
The 33 hp outperforms the 30 hp with the same blower size same setup
Cap

Say, your comment above got me to thinking. You don't mention rpm at all. Does your machine have a tach, and do you set the rpm by it?

If you ran the old motor at full throttle, then swapped in the 30 hp and run IT at full throttle then you're surely turning the blower at a higher rpm, which could explain the performance increase.

Name
Marcus
No don't have an rpm gage....I will say that the guy that sold me the 33 hp generc said it had equal to or better torque than the 40 hp kholer...and they rated the torque aboutthesame orbetter....p
Either way if I replace another engine I will go with generac ...great motor for the price.....
I bought it so I could upgrade to a 47 later.......
I probably run more water thru my lines as I do not trigger accept rarely....012 most of the time which is probably about 1.5 gallons per minute......I haven't triggered a wand in years all the triggers are tied off and I just use the shut off valve....
And with the zipper it has a nob to lock down the trigger ... So on resturants I am continually pushing water thru the hoses....
That's probably why I notice the difference in the engines..because it probably has a larger load with all the flushing.....
I have replaced 3 engines in 13 years and they convinced me to buy a 25 hp the first time before I upgraded...
The upgrade was Only 150$ more well worth. It...haven't regretted it......
Cap

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Yea I believe both of my pullies on engine and blower are the same diameter....
So the question is at what hp and torque is a 45 blower hit its maximum performance of 3500 rpms and 400 cfm

I am saying for my machine it did not hit maximum performance until I got the 33 hp generac that has. The 59 torque......
Some are saying it maxes out at a 18..20 hp my original truckmount man. Said it maxed out at 25 hp but they had never used a higher hp..
The 33 hp outperforms the 30 hp with the same blower size same setup..45 tuthill
I know it has to do with load.....which probably means wand size...length of hose...and how much water is being flushed thru....filters...
I try to maximize water flow especially on restaurants....012 flow....full throttle no trigger......so it needs a lot of power....

Cap

I also agree with the larger engine idea.

Blower Silencer back-pressure requires additional HP.

We run our #4MR Sutorbilt @ 17" lift, which does require more HP.

We like the reliability of the 34 HP Kohler engine.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: JS41035
Name
Marcus
I also agree with the larger engine idea.

Blower Silencer back-pressure requires additional HP.

We run our #4MR Sutorbilt @ 17" lift, which does require more HP.

We like the reliability of the 34 HP Kohler engine.

Larry
How does the the 4 mr blower compare to the 45 blower
Cap

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
It is probably the bog factor. The higher hourses allow less bog when filters and such get clogged. I never had a tach when I ran air cooled just pulled it full throttle. I would be curious how much it would slow under load and as filters clogged.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom