5.9 Earthquake in Virginia, DC , MD and NC

randy

Name
Randy
House shook like a plane at hit it, unbelievable for this area.
Decorative Hummel plates started falling off the wall of the home I was in.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Did the same thing at my home and office here! Things fell off of walls and tables.

Everybody in the community and my employees here at the office noticed...

...I didn't. I just thought everyone was nuts!

I am way too focused on work! Time for a vacation..

FredC

Village Idiot
F'n Obama

Bush had the magnitude of quakes in the VSZ down to 1.8 while in office. Obama takes office and in his first term we are already up to 5.8...f'n ridiculous.........

randy

Name
Randy
Cellphones aren't worth a darn, lots of calls just won't make it through. People really go nuts if they have never experienced a quake. Upside : Maybe the Potomac river will have a Tsunami and wipe out congress.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
ROFLMAO at Fred and Randy.

Here we sleep through 5.9's....but back there you have so many brick buildings....bet it was tense!

Take care,
Lisa

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
6" would shut your cities down!!
2" of snow here and people are shaking!
We got a foot back in Ont, look out the window, yawn, and simply comment that it snowed.

I keep missing the earthquakes that have been around here, either working or sleeping.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Its absolutely hilarious to se what's going on... Get on facebook and see the comments from friends and their friends! :lol: :lol:

A giant east west rivalry is building. CA people: are you kidding me 5.8 that's nothing- we sleep thru it or we just shrug our shoulder and go on our way or I don't even notice it...

Back east people: OMG things are falling, people were crying wolf blitz ran out of the building, malls were evacuated...etc etc.. But we know how to drive in the rain.

Hahhahhahha :lol: that line is prolly the best so far!

I'm lucky enough to have lived and learned how to drive in snow and rain like back east, and also am very much used to the earthquakes for the past 13 years.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Living on the right coast, the first time the ground starts groaning and everything is shaking, of course it's a big deal. No one ran screaming out of their houses in our neighborhood, but it gave everybody something to talk about. What do you expect? Our first Florida hurricane was pretty intense, too.

I suppose after the tenth or twentieth time someone drives through the living room window it becomes pretty run-of-the-mill stuff, too. lol

I thought my buddy summed it up pretty well......"That was awesome!" lol

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I was doing some pet odor removal @ a client's house yesterday when her chandelier starting rocking back and forth. As Wayne said, it's a big deal when you don't have these things around here. I've worked thru hurricanes seasons and did "storm chasing", to me that's not too big of a deal since I'm used to it, but for others it might be a different story.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom