570 I know you know

FredC

Village Idiot
Holy poop, that's a lot of strangers reading our posts... Are the "lurkers" people who stumble on a thread, say google search(whatever) or are they people with user names and passwords(members) that just don't post?

Most of the board is actually open to public, right?

All the cleaning related forums are open to the public...and the bird room

but that chart is from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%_rule_(Internet_culture)

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Dang if I didn't get sucked into this thread. I'm looking serious at a new Sapphire TM and this thread's not necessarily gonna chase me off but I'm wondering about design flaw/s. I've had a belly full of them on my WM commander. Sapphire boasts a lot about their water box/heater assemble and yet the quality of this single component (the thermal relief valve) and placement of it sounds a bit goofy. Hasn't Prochem been using the same valve on their water boxes for years without failures? Perhaps(?) combining a water box into or physically surrounding the heat exchanger assemble was to much; to much heat.

Reactions: ronbeatty

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The machine holds reall good heat and cleans like mad, the issue with the temp switch is something i'll get fix when I can go to mitch. the uber bypassing was making me mad after fillling up after 400 sq ft of tile and 200 sq ft room. I notice the bypass was just running running running, and new a few people here had the same problem was hoping it was an easy fix. Hopefully Empire can tune it in and make it right.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Hum, how to make a $13,000 Sapphire Rage into a nicely temp adjustable machine? Maybe, just maybe if you routed the exiting hose coming from the bypass valve through a remotely located electric (bout 4 amps) cooling fan/radiator, on it's back to water box, you might have the beginnings of taming the Rage for upholstery.

And, you might go further and install a variable temp control valve (they show installed in the flow diagram) and use that water circuit routed to a remote cooler back to the water box. You would still have a fail safe thermal relief valve in the water box dumping to the waste tank (though it might not see a lot of action with a bypass cooling system installed), and of course any fail safe temp sensor switches installed in the machine would be not be effected. With this set up to could set your wand or tile tool down for many minutes to fool around moving furniture or mess with detergents and/or spotting.

Or maybe Sapphire has already thought of this and decided that's too much value for a $13k machine...

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
We solved this problem by diverting the water into our fresh water tank.. also helps to pre-heat the water... but we also warn our techs to keep the water flowing at the wand and not to stop more then 5 minutes without using the water.
I blew an engine after about 30 minutes when I failed to run water through the TM.

Reactions: Jimmy L and Mikey P

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
THIS was the worst thing about owning a lesser TM. The anxiety produced while working with these little machines is excruciating.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
Are butlers that much more expensive? I know aerotechs are over $100k but a new loaded butler is only around $65k. I stick with them because I am not mechanical and they are all I have ever worked with. Is it the lack of space that deter people from butlers?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm going in Thursday at 800 am to get it looked at!

On a side note I took in a job worth $440 and ended up doing it for $360.00 3 hour nasty rental?

The good news is a ran a hose upstairs 100 feet to a 4 jet 12 inch wand, were my son cleaned the upstairs and steps.

While I ran 100 ft downstairs and used a stock hoss! Almost dry when finished used all 6 fans came out great! Plenty off heat and suck.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The lack of space is one issue. The lack of repair service is another, with the Butler.

If this were 10 years down the road, I'd know if these issues with the 570 were just birthing pains, or a permanent birth defect like Prochem.

But, it's too early to tell

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I recently dropped the 300 ft hose reel for a 200 footer and mounted the water line to a door there is so much more room I could carry another rotary and an air path with the extra space. I never run over 200 ft but once a year

Reactions: Ray Burnfield

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
I recently dropped the 300 ft hose reel for a 200 footer and mounted the water line to a door there is so much more room I could carry another rotary and an air path with the extra space. I never run over 200 ft but once a year
Obviously you got fixed today.
Was it as simple as the Thermal valve?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Actually I said it closed the next morning! when the ambient temperature outside is cooler the machine doesnt get as hot and bypasses less when its 90 plus or hotter out and it runs for a while it cant bypass enough. thats my take on it.

The day it was bypassing like crazy was a warmer day!

As for the temp switch they called SS waiting on a reply.

I'm thinking of going 18 flow on my ti and seeing if that helps.

F

FB7777

Good grief do I love my Butlers!

Sam laid out the scenario perfectly and it's clear why he brought the issue here

Not all distributors are created equally, hearing the reply " bring it in and we will look at it" on an essentially new machine would be frustrating.

Add to that when a relatively new line of machine is evolving with yearly incremental component changes that can introduce new issues, there is no wonder the distributors are unable to diagnose things over the phone.

The 570 I saw at MF2014 looked like a beast , far to complicated for me, but if you are looking for unlimited heat and suck it was up to the task

Reliability and simplicity is my priority

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
What you do when you know it's sticking is to reach down and smack it with a cresent wrench. Just like when a car starter would act up. Frees up the gunk an gets it flowing.

gtech12v

What you do when you know it's sticking is to reach down and smack it with a cresent wrench. Just like when a car starter would act up. Frees up the gunk an gets it flowing.
Is funny I know this guy who got a truckmount from the same place as Sam and was told by their mechanic to smack the dema valve with a rubber mallet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom