570 or pro 1200

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Between the two I would choose a 1200 SE no question, although you will get better heat with the 570.

Everyone has a different opinion. Do you want a machine that is WAY simpler with similar performance or do you want a slide-in that is a bit hotter and isn't putting any wear and tear on your van engine?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The 570 and the pro1200 are comparable heat wise the 570 edges but by passes potential is higher!

The pro 1200 is kinda dummy proof.

Love the 120 gal fresh tank and the auto reel there also live reel available.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have two 1200s. They have great suck, good heat and are easy to use. They have had some issues, like for some reason mine like to go through idler pulleys in the engine every 6-8 months

Reactions: Jimmy L

Chris A

Name
Chris
Between the two I would choose a 1200 SE no question, although you will get better heat with the 570.

Everyone has a different opinion. Do you want a machine that is WAY simpler with similar performance or do you want a slide-in that is a bit hotter and isn't putting any wear and tear on your van engine?

What are you gonna get of you sell yours Derek? If your can wasn't silver I'd probably buy it!

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
What are you gonna get of you sell yours Derek? If your can wasn't silver I'd probably buy it!

I just sold it a few days ago.

I actually got a Butler. I'm about 3 hours from the nearest service center so liked the idea of a system that was totally geared towards user serviceability.

Really liking it so far, but there are a few minor things that I preferred about the 1200.

Reactions: jcooper

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Like?

I just sold it a few days ago.

I actually got a Butler. I'm about 3 hours from the nearest service center so liked the idea of a system that was totally geared towards user serviceability.

Really liking it so far, but there are a few minor things that I preferred about the 1200.

Reactions: Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Never owned a 570 but an Apex and the 1200 (not the se).
Very different choices. I personally much prefer the PTOs to the slide ins. The advantages and disadvantages have been discussed here many times.
The 1200 is a good machine. The new SE does not have the advantage of the old ones of more storage sapace so it is pretty equivalent (storage wise) to the Butler. I now own a Butler mid mount+ high heat + fresh water tank +and larger blower and it is certainly a better machine. More heat, more suck and easier to service.
If you want to maximize storage space CDS is still king.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mikey P

Administrator
Never owned a 570 but an Apex and the 1200 (not the se).
Very different choices. I personally much prefer the PTOs to the slide ins. The advantages and disadvantages have been discussed here many times.
The 1200 is a good machine. The new SE does not have the advantage of the old ones of more storage sapace so it is pretty equivalent (storage wise) to the Butler. I now own a Butler mid mount+ high heat + fresh water tank +and larger blower and it is certainly a better machine. More heat, more suck and easier to service.
If you want to maximize storage space CDS is still king.

Another 4 am poster...

Offer, what's the longest you ever kept a cleaning van?

Is the Butler in SF now?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I really like Mikeys setup up. Drawer and shelving. Might work with 570 if get longer van.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Your van currently will work with Everest? I was not talking S.Cruz van just to make sure we are on same page.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yeah I was talking about your gardenerville van with 570 would work but longer. Cuz i like your shelving system next to TM and space in back.

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've been using my new old CDs only for a couple of days now. Loving it compared to my slide in. Still have to tweak it some but much easier to set up.

Reactions: DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Heard that more things can go wrong if with direct drive and can cost more in maintenance .. Where TM is easier and if motor go out, you can replace it for $1200 - $2000. If van craps out, you can transplant it. What's you thoughts on that?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom