5cp cat pump half off

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Not the right pump. The correct pump is a 5cp6120.3400 which is well over 1000 shipped is the cheapest I could find it.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
This is becoming the new tactic to get their pumps in more equipment. Sell the pump at or near cost, then make their money on the parts. Manufacturers get an especially sweet deal. They know their pumps end up in long term applications where it will need seals many times over.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Both my Vortex trucks have 5CP3120 pumps.
With the chem pump I have been blessed on my cat pump. I have yet to put in seals. I bought a couple of sets along with the special tool so long ago I'm not sure where they are. I even have a spare pump. I finally turned it into an electric.

Gene

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Both my Vortex trucks have 5CP3120 pumps.

Yes, That is the pump they came with back in the day, but the truth is that we don't use our really expensive truck mounts as power washers. We use ours to clean with high flow not just high pressure. The sweet spot for these trucks is the 5cp6120 with 6 gpm at something like 1800 psi which is way more than we ever use ( we have pressure washer if higher psi is needed and don't have to consume 2 gal per minute to clean with it).

Next time you need a pump pick a 5cp6120.3400 and you will be blow away with the flow difference on tile and grout or while dual wanting.

Reactions: Erik

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I'm a little confused.:confused: If a pump puts out 4.5 GPM and at 12 flow 500 psi is putting out 2GPM. What would i expect to get out of a higher flow pump?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The 6120 is a 6gpm capable pump. The gpm is the difference and you can feel and see the difference. Especially on tile or dual wanding.

I believe All aerotechs for the last few years come with the 6120 as the standard pump.

I went from a 3120 to a 5120 to increase gpm but still have High pressure capability, but as we just don't use it went with the even higher gpm in the 6120.

I'm telling you, you will absolutely notice the difference, especially because you are used to using the 3120. Also your regulator and all the hard piping will appreciate the lower psi.

Reactions: Erik
Name
Lee Stockwell
Richard just about any pump will fit on any machine, often with no modifications. Sometimes we've drilled a hole or two to make things work.

Been doing it a lot of years with many variations of pumps.

Cats are good, but I prefer the General Emperor for its higher pressure and ability to run hot and dry with no problems. Got ours from Cobb for less than $500 (5yrs ago).

Reactions: falcans

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom