5M blower plumbing

Greenie

"should be"?
It looks like a massive improvement, I see you lost the sharp 90 deg. turn and the vertical snorkel, the 2.5 ports will naturally scream with airflow, my only question now is what is your actual Filter Basket gonna look like, and will it be larger enough to finish a 2 hr. job without needing to be emptied and showing a vacuum loss?

also, since you are fabing it from scratch, put a slope in the bottom and a provision for a drain, it's nice to be able to drain the box for long weekends and such.

Cool program you have there.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Greenie,
I do have the drain on the bottom I just left it off the drawing. The filter basket is the same one from before. I do wish it was all holes but stainless is to hard to drill for that many holes. I'm sure someone makes one with all holes and it would be easy to change the box to accommodate it.The program is Sketchup and is free from google. I use it as a design tool. It's completely 3d. You can rotate the project and look from all angles and even print a cut list for what ever you are building. The xray lets you look inside which helps on items like this.

Gene

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Gene;

I'm trying to visualize the flow from the 2 inlets into the basket.

Does it go over the front edge ?

We use perforated stainless for some applications.

Larry

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Larry,
All I did was copy the original design except I changed out the snorkle for a straight in 4" pipe and replaced the 2 front 2's with 2.5's. I'll reuse the original basket.

Gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Ron,

It's a good idea. I thought I would try to find some and just change the ends of the filter.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom