650 Upholstery Setting

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
On my 650, engine idle and the upholstery setting are one and the same speed, idle. I’ve seen the upholstery setting on another 650 work as it should, so I know it can work... it would be slick if my 650 setting worked too. Is there a fix to the problem?

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
Justin, thanks for responding! I have not but will give that a try. I just switched out the ECM as mine recently gave up the ghost. Thought that might impact the upholstery speed setting but no. Knowing very little about the electrical side of truckmounts, would I assume if continuity is the issue, simply replace the switch?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Justin Johnston
Justin, thanks for responding! I have not but will give that a try. I just switched out the ECM as mine recently gave up the ghost. Thought that might impact the upholstery speed setting but no. Knowing very little about the electrical side of truckmounts, would I assume if continuity is the issue, simply replace the switch?
Did this happen with your old ECM as well or is this a new issue?
And correct. If the switch does not have continuity through the blocks on the back of the switch, then replace the switch.

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
Yes, both ECMs.

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
Checked the continuity. If I did it correctly, idle and upholstery speeds show 2.7 volts, and while medium and high both show 12 volts.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Please also watch some YouTube videos about how to use a simple Volt-Ohm meter. Continuity tests should only be attempted on an unpowered circuit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom