7" Duckbills

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Hey Guys, looking for a good source of these babies.

I'm currently using the black handled units that I get from the Roberts distributor at $70/pair... yeah, it hurts bad!!

I tend to find we go through a few. I always have 2 pair with me at all times in case I miss place a pair or get part way through a job and I get stuck. I also find my tech tends to loose about 1 every 6 months.

I find that these are finer on the thickness than others I've seen in Aussie and I like that.

Can anyone recommend a good supplier in the States ( or elsewhere I guess) where I can buy say a box of 12 units.

John

harryhides

Name
Tony
Sometimes I wonder of Shorty does ANYTHING besides drinking libations and surfing the net.

:roll:

Cousin

John I just retired my last pair of black handled duck bills, which were the thin ones you prefer to use.

I had to grab my new spare 'red handled' pair, which are the thicker ones I think I tried to pass off onto you when you were over.

I have been putting off using these thicker ones, but I find them no different to use than the thinner ones, which I had been using the last twenty or so years.

In fact (and I think I mentioned it to you) I did find the last lot of black scissors had a little bit of the wobbles in the casting, and took a few months to wear in so they cut cleaning along the length of the edges.

This red pair is straight as a dye. And I've been doing some extremely fine trimming with them, and happy as.

If you haven't already tried them, John, might be worth giving them a shot.

I pay about $32 or 34 a pair here for them, from AFS in Aus

M

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
John, We carry the red handle napping shears. The price is $24.94 a pair. If you wish to buy in box of 12 there is a 5% discount.

Scott Warrington

Cousin

scottw said:
John, We carry the red handle napping shears. The price is $24.94 a pair. If you wish to buy in box of 12 there is a 5% discount.

Scott Warrington

Scott, are they Roberts 10-585

M

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Cousin said:
scottw said:

Scott Warrington

Scott, are they Roberts 10-585

M
Actually the carry the Floor Dot brand which is a European company. However, I understand they are made in the same Asian factory as the Roberts brand. Certain details about the metal casting help tell they are identical.

Scott Warrington

Back
Top Bottom