7" Duckbills

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Hey Guys, looking for a good source of these babies.

I'm currently using the black handled units that I get from the Roberts distributor at $70/pair... yeah, it hurts bad!!

I tend to find we go through a few. I always have 2 pair with me at all times in case I miss place a pair or get part way through a job and I get stuck. I also find my tech tends to loose about 1 every 6 months.

I find that these are finer on the thickness than others I've seen in Aussie and I like that.

Can anyone recommend a good supplier in the States ( or elsewhere I guess) where I can buy say a box of 12 units.

John

harryhides

Name
Tony
Sometimes I wonder of Shorty does ANYTHING besides drinking libations and surfing the net.

:roll:

Cousin

John I just retired my last pair of black handled duck bills, which were the thin ones you prefer to use.

I had to grab my new spare 'red handled' pair, which are the thicker ones I think I tried to pass off onto you when you were over.

I have been putting off using these thicker ones, but I find them no different to use than the thinner ones, which I had been using the last twenty or so years.

In fact (and I think I mentioned it to you) I did find the last lot of black scissors had a little bit of the wobbles in the casting, and took a few months to wear in so they cut cleaning along the length of the edges.

This red pair is straight as a dye. And I've been doing some extremely fine trimming with them, and happy as.

If you haven't already tried them, John, might be worth giving them a shot.

I pay about $32 or 34 a pair here for them, from AFS in Aus

M

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
John, We carry the red handle napping shears. The price is $24.94 a pair. If you wish to buy in box of 12 there is a 5% discount.

Scott Warrington

Cousin

scottw said:
John, We carry the red handle napping shears. The price is $24.94 a pair. If you wish to buy in box of 12 there is a 5% discount.

Scott Warrington

Scott, are they Roberts 10-585

M

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Cousin said:
scottw said:

Scott Warrington

Scott, are they Roberts 10-585

M
Actually the carry the Floor Dot brand which is a European company. However, I understand they are made in the same Asian factory as the Roberts brand. Certain details about the metal casting help tell they are identical.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom