7000 H and 8000 Q Owners

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Because the accumulation is primarily dust that is carried within the airborne water and air, no screen will be likely to capture that which condenses upon the primary exchanger fins, or the very fine particulate dust, without being also quite restrictive. You can't use traditional filter media without the filter being quite large, and a simple screen won't be fine enough to capture much more than part of it.

The answer is having three things going for you;

1) An easy means to determine when the exchanger is loaded, but not beyond safe levels for all components and/or impinging on performance. (A pressure manometer tapped in before the heat exchanger)

2) A relatively fast and easy process/procedure for cleaning the primary coil.

3) Lessen the amount of contributory "sticky" materials that will end up on the heat exchanger (use your blower lube spray judiciously)

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I looked at the box today, it looks like the Therm Oil goes through the coils. Is that correct?

I just changed the therm oil, so now I have to drain it down again?

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Steve, There is no oil in that exchange. That is water only. Disconnect the 4 jic fittings on the tower, Take the elbows out, remove all the bolts on the drivers side of the cabinet. Take a screw drivers and lightly pry the cover loose. The exchangers slide out. If you have any questions call my cell @ 814 931-6919.

Name
Lee Stockwell
It makes no difference whether air is pushed or pulled, negative or positive, as long as the filter area is sealed. A five inch outlet is about 20sq". A filter five or six times that cross-section would allow for some accumulated restriction as the filter media loaded up. If it were easy to slide out for observation and cleaning it would be very useful.

Thanks,
Lee

ps. think of a commercial kitchen grille exhaust filter...

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I just kind of glanced at it earlier but the 2 hoses go to the therm assembly in front of the fresh water tank, looks like the other 2 hoses just connect the HXs together

looks simple enough to take apart

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Lee Stockwell said:
It makes no difference whether air is pushed or pulled, negative or positive, as long as the filter area is sealed. A five inch outlet is about 20sq". A filter five or six times that cross-section would allow for some accumulated restriction as the filter media loaded up. If it were easy to slide out for observation and cleaning it would be very useful.

Thanks,
Lee

ps. think of a commercial kitchen grille exhaust filter...

3me3od3p15O75Tc5U69cnbf005232590019.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom