98 Butler

Lonny

Supportive Member
Anyone know what size blower came on these? I am looking at buying one of these in a 99 savana 3500.
Anything I should be wary of or look at specifically?

Lonny

Supportive Member
mayyyybee this is a vague question? I am assuming a 47 tuthill, but dunno.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot

Lonny

Supportive Member
ahh, I remember Fridays before they were all Fraturdays. Gracias! I just couldn't find any specifics on their site, or in the schematics.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi:

Yes I have had a few bought/rebuilt/sold and have 2 now. Fred is right-they actually used the smaller 4.5 Roots or the larger 4007 MD-Tuthill

Dale

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The black one is the larger blower and the grey one is the smaller blower. My family has a 97 Butler and it has been an absolutely great system. We have the larger blower in it. The only thing that makes it a less desire able unit is it doesn't have air conditioning in the van. No complaints at all otherwise.

Contact me if you have more questions.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
Lonny,
I met a guy in San Jose, CA who was selling the same setup a couple of weeks ago. If this is the same unit, the motor had either a blown head gasket or a cracked head. The blower was also locked up.

Lonny

Supportive Member
Thanks guys, it has had work done to it recently, so I am going to do it, it's from Kentucky, so probably not the same unit and not frozen=) I may be less of a lurker in the very near future!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom