__Matching the right wand with your machine__

Name
I'm Rick James
I have a 31 hp with a 47 blower... with heat exchangers.

So what is the best wand for my needs? Can I get away with using a 1 1/2 inch wand, no wipe hose.. just run the 2 " hose right up to the wand.

Dry times are very important to me, so can you guys help me figure out the best wand for my needs?

Right now I am using a 2" tubed Westpak.. the damn thing is streaking a leaks out the jets. The wand weight 11 lbs.

Thanks

mcatt

Name
Mike
For that setup a 12inch head, 2inch tube, 4jet 1101s, holed teflon glide, will be perfect IMO. The 1101s will keep your heat at a premium while they also fan nicely for an even non streaking clean. Just slow down on the bad areas to get a better flush. If you want killer dry times then definitely the 2inch tube with out a whip line. The smaller head works best in residential settings and also maximizes the water lift with a smaller opening then say a 14inch head.

Reactions: truckmount girl

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I run a 15 foot 2 inch flexable hose right up to my 1 1/2 inch wand.

I bought the hose at Dultmeiers a carwash place.

All this BS of severly angled jets and adjustable is crap.

When I need to really flush out a carpet I grab the old 802 wand which is very close to a pmf AW-29

The jets spray straight down.

Get away from those wands with the jets angled too much.

Name
I'm Rick James
I was thinking if the wand tube was 1 1/2 hooked up to a 2" hose.. the velocity of air flow will create a better suction thus pulling more water out.. then when it gets to the 2 " hose it will allow more room for water and air flow. Very similar to the way the glide creates higher air flow. I am not sure about this, so i am asking the industries greatest minds..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I am sure you know that a 2" wand will somewhat improve air flow and carpet will dry slightly faster.
So will 2 to the door and so forth.

The question is how much hassle do you want to add to your life?
And how much of a diminishing return do you get for your hassle and effort.
The 2" wand is harder on your hands and some get pain (carpal syndrome) from it, as the grip is more awkward.

12" or 14" wand does not make much of a difference in drying time In my opinion. I personally prefer the 14"
The leaking has nothing to do with blower or inches, if it drives you crazy use the extenders with the spring ball valve in them. They work (you'll need to change the jets though.)

Other than that, your 31 HP and 47 blower are just great for a single wand.

Since you mentioned that drying times are very important for you than: smaller wand head, 2" versus 11/2, two to the door etc. will all improve it slightly which may add up to a difference.
A good fan after you're done cleaning every room, will help even more.

Prepare for increased appetite and much better sleep at night :icon_razz:.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Brent;

Since you have a #47 blower, your TM should support a 14" x 2" wand.

It covers 23% more area per cleaning stroke.

Our testing has shown the 14" Bentley provides the best solution recovery.

We use a 4-jet manifold set-up.

A couple of Dri-Pods for quick drying.

Larry

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
For that setup a 12inch head, 2inch tube, 4jet 1101s, holed teflon glide, will be perfect IMO. The 1101s will keep your heat at a premium while they also fan nicely for an even non streaking clean. Just slow down on the bad areas to get a better flush. If you want killer dry times then definitely the 2inch tube with out a whip line. The smaller head works best in residential settings and also maximizes the water lift with a smaller opening then say a 14inch head.

did you just say 01s???? I liek CLEANING the carpet, not spitting on it...

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I run a 15 foot 2 inch flexable hose right up to my 1 1/2 inch wand.

I bought the hose at Dultmeiers a carwash place.

All this BS of severly angled jets and adjustable is crap.

When I need to really flush out a carpet I grab the old 802 wand which is very close to a pmf AW-29

The jets spray straight down.

Get away from those wands with the jets angled too much.

Jimmy, the AW29 is made by CMP, the 802 is made by PMF. You are fooling yourself if you think straight downward pointing jets clean better, they just push the dirt (and water) deeper into the carpet where it's harder to recover.....and see.....until it wicks back up later.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: Cleantechsk

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya cause I only get wick backs and reworks from my aw29. but my sheer kit wand flush way better! they dry better they dont clean faster. kinda like how well a rotary drymaster works!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'm running a 25hp engine, 4.7 blower, with a 14" greenhorn/2" tube with 5 angled 11003's at 400psi triggered, holed glide, 2" right to the wand.
I'm getting excellent recovery. Carpet feels almost dry when I'm leaving.
The angled jets allow me to "flush" an area rather than flooding it with straight-down jets.
I work with a friend who has a Cleanco 4.7 with the extra heat and it more than keeps up using the same wand. The only area he needs to tweak is the vacuum as he needs a Bayco to boost the vac and 2.5" hose to boost the airflow.

Your TM should easily be able to handle the same wand.

Name
I'm Rick James
Thanks for the info guys.. My wrist is really killing me.. along with my elbow and shoulder. It all started months after i have been slinging the Westpak (11lbs). So I am wanting to go to a 1 1/2 tube thinking that the wand may be causing my issues.

Anyone have a recommendation where to buy the Aw29, Cmp something or what do you guys think of the PMF Chinese knock off? Something cheap because not sure if the wand is my problem.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom