A business add on that I'm considering, and I feel you should consider also

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You're welcome to laugh at this one, but I think I'll be the last one laughing if I get into it.

Buying a Garbage truck.

Think about it, we have a list of hundreds of customers who trust us to keep their homes clean. That's an immediate list of customers who we can market to and not have to worry about paying Facebook for a targeted market. The profit in Garbage is Tremendous. And to think about it even further, it's easier to train a guy to drive a garbage truck and operate it, than it is to train them to clean carpet..

So I'm thinking about sending a survey out to my customers first to see who would consider using my business to handle disposing their garbage. Once I get a business plan together on the total cost to operate that part of the business, if I can rack in over 20%profit off the expenses, I think it'll be a no brainer.

Am I the only one who's thought that?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The business would be too small to spend the extra money on a franchise. Why would you need a franchise when your targeted market is your current list of customers?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't know but I would think labor & insurance would be high. Not just coverage of the vehicle but liability and especially work comp. ???
I'm sure you'd need to have the correct amount of insurance. That's why I'm going to research the total cost of it. I just know a couple guys around here who made a fortune putting a similar setup to the franchise above (professional clean junk removers), and they're booming. But they're both pricks also. I know for a fact that if the customers had a different option, they'd drop them in a heartbeat

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The city does that for us, and the county has a contract.
Yeah, the city does that for us also, but there's a lot of people that aren't in the city in my area. They don't have a county contract, besides dump sites for them to take it to.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Go for it Matt! You are a no-brainer if there ever was one and you already have the truck! Very exciting!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt maybe you should start selling whatever it is your're smoking. You'd make a fortune
I'm just looking at what's going on around me. I take my garbage to the local dump just 5miles away from my home. It's amazing how much money is in that business.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm just looking at what's going on around me. I take my garbage to the local dump just 5miles away from my home. It's amazing how much money is in that business.
I used to be in the rubbish removal business. I would pick up from construction sites and when business was slow my helper and I would drive up and down back alleys looking for junk. I would send the helper to knock on the door and we would remove stuff from $50 and up. When the truck was full we would drive to the landfill and dump it all. Back then my dumping fee was $25.00. The problem is it was a full time job. You really have to make a choice. Do you want to be a carpet cleaner or a rubbish man. Either one can make you money. There is no business that you can just hire someone and expect them to make money for you. You have to direct it yourself. I think you are better off to focus on your carpet cleaning business. Spend your time looking for bigger and better jobs and ways to build your existing business.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I used to be in the rubbish removal business. I would pick up from construction sites and when business was slow my helper and I would drive up and down back alleys looking for junk. I would send the helper to knock on the door and we would remove stuff from $50 and up. When the truck was full we would drive to the landfill and dump it all. Back then my dumping fee was $25.00. The problem is it was a full time job. You really have to make a choice. Do you want to be a carpet cleaner or a rubbish man. Either one can make you money. There is no business that you can just hire someone and expect them to make money for you. You have to direct it yourself. I think you are better off to focus on your carpet cleaning business. Spend your time looking for bigger and better jobs and ways to build your existing business.
Thanks for the advice. One thing that made me think I'm able to maintain that kind of business and my cc business also, is the business model of one of those businesses here. They also own a home security business and have a second office on the same property. That's where I started thinking about how much easier it'd be to hire someone to drive the garbage truck.

If I started this branch, I'd hire someone else to keep the bookkeeping of both businesses so I would have time to manage both. The wheels are starting to spin on how hard this might be. But first I'm just trying to find out if I can make profit doing this. It depends on how much it'll cost to dump the garbage every month after all the other expenses.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt I think you should look into being a " Honey Dipper" I heard there was some real money sucking ####.
What took you so long to dog my idea? I'm constantly thinking about how I can branch off, perfect my current situation, or grow to my full potential. Last year, my gross income grew 28%, and I'm damn proud at that number. I want to double that percentage, and I'm look at every angle I can. Yes, I'm also making moves to get my current services to grow also. Service Monster just started sending out reminders every month for me this year in the Fill My Schedule. I couldn't keep up with doing that myself, and I look forward to that 28% growth to climb faster this year. I bled everything I could out of Facebook last year, and I think she's burned out from all my cute ads. So I'm trying a different approach, Fill My Schedule and maybe a GARBAGE TRUCK!

Go dip your old pecker in that honey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You're still working out of a trailer.

And you want to buy a garbage truck?
Believe it or not, Im used to pulling my trailer. Now that my truck is brand new, single cab, and takes sharper turns than my '06, it's a lot more convenient.

tres davis

Name
tres
Garbage is good biz BUT daily route is tough to break into and scale.
Roll offs for construction sites is very open market if you want to hustle

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Garbage is good biz BUT daily route is tough to break into and scale.
Roll offs for construction sites is very open market if you want to hustle
That's a great way to look at that business. It would probably be another chunk of change to invest in the dumpsters.

Have you ever been in that business before?

tres davis

Name
tres
Looking to get into it as well. In talks with some investors

Truck for roll off biz is 170k
Bins are 5-7k

Need land too and about 20-30 bins per truck

Massive investment compared to cleaning

You're best vertical scale chance is 100% in moving to water damage/light rebuild

Name
Ross Martin
Where I live you chose your own garbage company. Strange.

We have regular scheduled days with our company, but not the same as other neighbors.

So there are trucks here all the time, different days, times.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
There is actually a carpet cleaning company that does doggy waste removal here. Advertises it on his carpet cleaning truck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom