a different approach to cleaning long condo hallways

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I always had to wrestle with the hoses, or have someone wrestle them. Found it exhausting. If I worked by myself I would spend over half the time messing with the hoses. Typical way is to pull the hoses down to the far end and start cleaning your way back, cleaning backwards, pulling the hoses back as you go.

This time, I pulled the hoses to the far end, cleaned the first 10ft or so, then turned around and cleaned forward, let the hoses pull in behind me.

With that and Bob Foster's suggestion to clean one set of stairs up and down at the end of the hall, and cleaning the treads with the big wand, made the cleaning a lot less tiring,

2 more buildings to go

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
This is how I use the zipper on some of the 200ft x 8ft hallways I clean every 2 weeks,
turned a 1.9hr wanding job in to a 52 min zipper job.

I start at the beginning, pulling the hose alll the way to the end of the hall, then go proceed to go up and down the hall, just like mowing a lawn.
never letting up on the trigger.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
danielc said:
I call it snaking the hose. You also get better vacuum.

yup, nice clean long bends for the shit to travel through the hoses.
Its amazing how little suck you have when 200ft of hose is piled up.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
When I have a long hallway type set up, I just pull to the far end and start going backwards. When I get to the first 50' section I simply unhook the 50' and leave it there. Keep working backwards to the next section and unhook that too...etc...etc.

This will give you an even better vac performance! And you don't need to be yanking all 200-400 feet of hose!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
When I have a long hallway type set up, I just pull to the far end and start going backwards. When I get to the first 50' section I simply unhook the 50' and leave it there. Keep working backwards to the next section and unhook that too...etc...etc.

This will give you an even better vac performance! And you don't need to be yanking all 200-400 feet of hose!

a wise man !gotcha!

..l.T.A.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I stretch out the hose and clean all the way to the machine..then turn around and do the same. If I have junior with me and he isnt fetching water, I let him handle the hose or pull the machine back as I go..mine has a 50 ft cord. It makes a difference.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Thanks Larry but I won't call myself wise. Maybe a little more experienced.

I was in the same situation over 10years ago where ron was now- dealing with long hose runs. I figured it would be easier just to clean as usual except whenever I can , I just unhook 50' sections as I go. This way I don't have to clean forward and pull all my hoses behind me and I won't have all my hoses dragging on the freshly cleaned carpet.

Bob Foster

tracywalker said:
I use my cimex! ;)

You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

That translates into:

Cimex in between HWE on condos. Some I offer a Cimex at the 7th month and HWE on an annual. The problem with this is they then stretch out their annual HWE leaving me a bigger mess to deal with when I HWE.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I think the previous cleaners were using Cimex, thats why they hired me !gotcha!

unhooking doesnt work too well when I'm running 50ft of 2" and all the rest 2.5"
I can unhook some down by the truck as I work my down each floor, but it doesn't make much difference

One other thing I did was I hooked the hoses to the stair railing with Maker's hose strap, then as I go down each floor I don't unstrap the hoses, just hook it to the next railing. Hoses are already measured out to reach the far end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom