a good pumpout alternative.

frank

Name
frank pulido
can any of you have used this pump as a pumpout?

Centrifugal Pump, Voltage Rating 12 VDC, Maximum Flow 3800 GPH, Current Rating 15.5 Amps, Water Flow @ 0 Foot of Head 3800 GPH, Water Flow @ 15 Feet of Head 1600 GPH, Water Flow @ 20 Feet of Head 800 GPH, Water Flow @ 3.35 Feet of Head 3185 GPH, Water Flow @ 6.7 Feet of Head 2570 GPH, Hose Outlet 1 1/2 Inches, Maximum Head 25.0 Feet, Length 2 7/8 Inches, Height 5 1/4 Inches, Width 5 3/4 Inches, Plastic Grainger Item # 4P016
Price (ea.) $191.00
Brand RULE
Mfr. Model # 17A

Name
Shawn Forsythe
A typical Rule centrifugal used as an APO unit is of the type with a horizontal impeller that resides immersed in low water levels, so it primes much easier. Rule has this type (horizontal impeller, submersible) in the same output capacity as the one you have selected. I would think that one is going to be much more difficult in designing a means by which you are going to keep the impeller flooded. I'm not saying it can't work, but it would be challenging to design a reliable system.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Frank;

I agree with Shawn that this pump would NOT be good at priming from a recovery tank under vacuum.

I would look at the new ShurFlo 12VDC 10GPM diaphragm pump as a better candidate.

Larry

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
R

R W

Albert Lazo said:
This looks like the same pump that was on my truckmount.

http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_i ... c5bebe3752

It was horizontal but on a cage, then went in the tank like this one.

http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_i ... c5bebe3752

Is the red plastic watertight to the pump?. If you're on a budget, have some time and want to save, make your own cage. If you want the best possible there is the $1,500 model.

Albert

I had the second pumpout in my 405 Performer. It worked well when it worked well, but it was a HUGE pita to pull out of the tank for weekly cleaning. And the float would need changed every 500-1000 hours, which meant rewiring and using a waterproof heat shrink tube to seal up the wiring. Although my Genesis external APO can be a hassle at times, it still is pumping.

John Watson

I believe it is the same pump weather vert or horizontal. Just has a different foot plate to make it so. Probably work better like Albert said with a screen on it.

R

R W

Shawn Forsythe said:
A typical Rule centrifugal used as an APO unit is of the type with a horizontal impeller that resides immersed in low water levels, so it primes much easier. Rule has this type (horizontal impeller, submersible) in the same output capacity as the one you have selected. I would think that one is going to be much more difficult in designing a means by which you are going to keep the impeller flooded. I'm not saying it can't work, but it would be challenging to design a reliable system.

Yep....my Genesis external drive APO will not pump with out a prime. It has a specific water line plumbed directly into the APO body that activates when the pump switches on. So.....since I don't carry water and I get on flood extraction jobs with no water available, I'm screwed. I got to drain the tiny tank by hand.

frank

Name
frank pulido
i do have a genesis too but this is on a white magic comander and is allways flooded before it will pump will show pictures tomorrow it pumps over 10 gallons per minute under full load, i did the bucket thing.

frank
www.pulidoscc.com

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
That is actually a pic of John's that I got from Greenie. It cost me about 150 bucks to change mine over. It really opens up the machine. I used the exact pump in the pic. It will empty your recover tank in 5 minutes.

dealtimeman- All you need is the pump and some hose for rerouting, and a little wiring experience.

R

R W

dealtimeman said:
why was the post deleted? where is the picture?

Post was deleted by request. I will post my own APO built from a 12 volt "emaciater" pump that is used on boat "heads". If it can grind up poop and paper, it sure can handle my filtered waste water. It's been sitting in the shed for a few years.....a project I never got around to.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would like to do this also.. more info the better.

Thanks,
Keith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom