A kind word for Releasit

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
In July I used DS2 as a prespray and rinse on the dining room carpet of a local facility. I was using a walk behind to scrub and extract, so it made sense. What I like about doing that is knowing if anything is left behind, it wil do what DS2 does; clean, encapsulate and protect.
Anyhow, today I was asked to touch up some gross traffic lanes out of the kitchen. Caked and black, since they aren’t using walk-off mats. I used their hot water and the Rotovac 360i to flush the carpet. It worked without prespray! Naturally I didn't think to take pictures until almost the end, but I think the polymer element of the Releasit actually works and gives a surprising amount of protection!

82733AA7-CBA1-459D-9F92-562563C51302.jpeg 3EFB09F8-FBA1-4A71-94C2-7AE66A3B084C.jpeg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Actually if you were smart you'd realize that scampoo leaves a dried detergent RESIDUE . So you wouldn't NEED a prespray.

All the BS about it being able to vacuum out is stupid. And in this instance the detergent RESIDUE was bound up in the grease. So it would never vacuum out anyway.

Reactions: Willy P

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Actually if you were smart you'd realize that scampoo leaves a dried detergent RESIDUE . So you wouldn't NEED a prespray.

All the BS about it being able to vacuum out is stupid. And in this instance the detergent RESIDUE was bound up in the grease. So it would never vacuum out anyway.

If I were smart I’d have been a dentist.
How’s the aorta?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I agree with Jimmy. The true inventor of......

And the whole silliness of spraying an encap product after hot water extraction (that some here advocate) is nut-so.
The idea behind cleaning is to leave the carpet clean and as close to residue free as possible. NOT to re load it with chemical residue.

Congrats Coastie.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
The idea behind using encap is to soften soil and wipe as much as possible off the surface, not extract with any rinsing action.

It is meant to be left in the carpet.

Scrubbing it in and vacuuming out as much as will move off the fiber adds the flushing element, but is analagous to the encap process by pad, CRB or magic wand.

It may not be your preferred technique or product on cgd (and in this instance I had a narrow time window and dry time) but that isn’t the point; the point is that the greasy kitchen schmutz came out with only a hot water flush. Yes, the cleaning probably dissolved and reactivated the detergents and soil, but when using HWE after encap that is probably always the case.

But isn’t the whole story.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom