A Kinetico Warning....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
If you are considering a Kinetico softner for your TM, make sure you buy it from your local franchisee. I wanted to get my tanks re-bedded with resin, and since I didn't buy it from the local dealer, he doesn't want to help me. They have a tight lock on all Kinetico sales and service in their area. So if you buy a used one, get friendly with your Kinectico dealer or you won't get help.

I'm going to an exchange tank.......you exchange it out every 2-3 months, depending on your water usage. About $35 an exchange.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I phoned mu local Culligan dealer and they said they stopped that service 10 years ago. I will ask around, seems like a good option.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Bill Soukoreff said:
I phoned mu local Culligan dealer and they said they stopped that service 10 years ago. I will ask around, seems like a good option.

Bill.....my Culligan dealer said "sure", come on in and we will do an exchange program with you. I actually still have a tank from 1992 that I never returned. That will cover the deposit. They also will load and unload the tank for me from my van, at their shop. They got these big bruiser kids working in the plant to move those tanks around. I still like the Kinetico, but they're a bunch of bullies. I can't believe that they will not work with me and re-bed my tanks. When I told them years ago that I got the unit from a Southern Ohio dealer, I though they were going to send me a "cease and desist order" for bringing a unit into their area that they didn't sell!

Gary T

Sounds like you're just dealing with an assbag dealer. I called my local kinetico guy to see if he would service a used unit I was gonna buy off eBay. He said bring it on in. He sounded happy to possibly get a little more business.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

gavin

Gary T said:
Sounds like you're just dealing with an assbag dealer. I called my local kinetico guy to see if he would service a used unit I was gonna buy off eBay. He said bring it on in. He sounded happy to possibly get a little more business.

sounds like a good business man.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
gavin said:
Gary T said:

sounds like a good business man.

I agree with the "assbag" label. You would think that my dealer would work with me, with the possibility that I might buy a new or used unit from him? It's got many "pluses".......I would pick up directly from dealer, he wouldn't have to install........simple quick sale.

@Gary T.......ask your dealer if he is allowed to sell me a unit out of his area.
Now Kinetico is selling through
"Home Depot/Chem Dry", which runs through the local dealer.

@Mike......I, too, want to buy another unit because they are so trouble free.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom