A lie dectector to call my own

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I looked the pics of John Olsen's LD yesterday

Scrounged around the garage and found enough fittings to make my own.
The thermometer is a cheap Harbor Freight one I already had.
Think it was $6 or $8 bucks on sale

Picture146.jpg

Haven't tried it out yet.
I'd like to find a better, more durable thermometer, but this one will work.

I don't know what kind of thermometer John uses on his LDs, but honeslty, if you add up the cost of brass fittings, QDs and labor to put them together, Then pack and ship them out, I don't think he's making a killing off of 'em.

but being the cheap, knowitall, can do everything nomatterwhatitis, kind of guy I am, I made my own

..L.T.A.

Attachments

• Picture146.jpg
    Picture146.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 143

Matt King

Pretty slick.. I made my own too out of spare 'garage' parts. An old mechanical Autometer temp guage and some brass.. It works but I like yours better... Mines too bulky.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ummm that's not brass on that there elbow....

looks kinda odd having galvanized on there

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
yea I know.
All I could find was 3/8" brass elbows when scrounging in the parts tray at home.

The galvanized 1/4" was all i had on hand

Looking odd doesn't bother me, though.
I've lived with looking odd all my life.....

..L.T.A.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I couldn't find the temp at the wand on ebay, anyone else have know where to get them. Also, what is too much heat? I don't want overkill but I clean very hot-gotta be 220 easily. steam is at what 212 degrees?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I just talked to John and his toll free number is 877-644-0077 I am ordering one and since it is so popular he is raising the price LOL:(
64.something plus shipping. I am ordering today Just to know what I am doing........I think it is going to be a great toy if you have the $$$$

Greenie

It would be $85 if you got it form me, I ain't working for free, that is a nice digital thermometer with a memory of the highest heat attained etc...

And with John you will get it with some quality QDs attached, not some cheap chinese ones.

Back
Top Bottom