A little help with ID...

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
This rug came in for cleaning yesterday. My first thought was an early 1900's Kerman based on the handle, side cord, and decorative kilim. But I'm not positive. Any thoughts? 20151013_132827.jpg 20151013_132846.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Ikea tribe cira 2007

Weaver #32 had a penchant for Jello Brand pudding. Guesstimate based on Guargum residue on low right corner of grid square E -2

Reactions: ruff

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I asked our head repairman:

With only the picture to look at he thinks it's a Persian Joshagan design made in India. Maybe around 20 years old.

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Update from my appraiser and repair guy in Indy....

Early 1900s Lavar Kerman

Brian, maybe it's hard to tell from the photos but this is certainly not a post WW2 rug and definitely not Indian.

I was between Kerman and Isfahan. I think I know what your guy was thinking of, we've seen some Indo Kashmiri rugs come in that look very similar, newer production.

A gorgeous rug in person!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Any thoughts?
Its dirty...clean it! :winky:

or does it matter where its from? :lol:

A woman came into the supermarket, went over to the butcher counter and announced her desire to buy a long island duck. The butcher, a recent employee, obligingly went into the back room and came out with a fine looking duck.

The woman stuck her finger up the ducks ass and announced, "I'm sorry, this won't do. This is a Main Duck. The butcher raised his eyebrow, but soon returned with another duck. "No," pronounced the woman, her finger up the second ducks ass, "this duck is from Minnesota."

Barely restraining himself the butcher fetched the third duck. "Now" said the woman, smiling after performing the the same inspection. "This is a long island duck. Thank you so much." She was about to leave when she turned back to the counter and asked "Say you are new here, aren't you?

Where are you from? The butcher pulled down his pants, turned around, and said "You tell me lady!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rhino1

Brian H

Name
Brian H

Early 1900s Lavar Kerman

Brian, maybe it's hard to tell from the photos but this is certainly not a post WW2 rug and definitely not Indian.

I was between Kerman and Isfahan. I think I know what your guy was thinking of, we've seen some Indo Kashmiri rugs come in that look very similar, newer production.

I will let him know...

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin

Early 1900s Lavar Kerman

What is something like that valued at?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom