A lot of chairs!

ACD

Some of you may have seen this already. Job is done it took me 5 days and I averaged about 40 chairs an hour. There ended up being 909 chairs in all.

th_02-10-09_0932.jpg

Aaron

ACD

Rolls eyes and sighs..... debates whether or not it's worth it... decides no and types "Yes I suck. Sorry I was born."

Aaron

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
lancehollister said:
Rookie.

Get with us after you clean all the carpets and chairs in a 16 screen cinema.

shoot try a 17 screen.....oh and i might be getting a 14, and maybe another 16...

granted we dont do them all in one night duh

ACD

I used HWE to clean then. Prochem Performer 405 at 150 ft. This is the third time I have done these chairs. The resort they belong too has 160 room hotel, (3) 24 unit time share buildings, two restaurants, several banquet rooms, a fitness center and more. I do it all. I do another hotel that has 130 rooms. Keep in mind that in the video I mentioned I do this all by myself. My business partner is older and he handles the drying and rebuilding of the water damages. I have some girls and one guy that do janitorials but the carpet cleaning is all me.

Aaron

jimmyolas

there would be a slim to none chance i would do those chairs by myself. Talk about a hand and back ache. u can easily dual wand with a helper at 12 to 15 dollars an hour and come out way better on your health and pocketbook. You are a patient man.

jimmy

what kind of price did u get per piece ?

Rex Tyus

jimmyolas said:
there would be a slim to none chance i would do those chairs by myself. Talk about a hand and back ache. u can easily dual wand with a helper at 12 to 15 dollars an hour and come out way better on your health and pocketbook. You are a patient man.

jimmy

what kind of price did u get per piece ?

Health= I agree
Pocket book= it depends on whether or not he had other work that couldn't wait.

R

R W

ACD said:
I used HWE to clean then. Prochem Performer 405 at 150 ft. This is the third time I have done these chairs. The resort they belong too has 160 room hotel, (3) 24 unit time share buildings, two restaurants, several banquet rooms, a fitness center and more. I do it all. I do another hotel that has 130 rooms. Keep in mind that in the video I mentioned I do this all by myself. My business partner is older and he handles the drying and rebuilding of the water damages. I have some girls and one guy that do janitorials but the carpet cleaning is all me.

Aaron

Man, I couldn't imagine doing those chairs by yourself. I just did 350 desk chairs in January, and I duel-tooled them with 2 employees, and someone prepping them, and it still was a ball-buster. Plus, it was a school, so most chairs were stained.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
We do a local restaurant's chairs once a year, about 500. Pain in the rear doing them at the restaurant. This year we sent a box truck and van over and brought them back to the warehouse. SOOOO much easier and nicer not having to work around staff and other crap. Plus you can do stuff to them to get them clean that you could NEVER do at the restaurant.

Rex Tyus

Ed said:
We do a local restaurant's chairs once a year, about 500. Pain in the rear doing them at the restaurant. This year we sent a box truck and van over and brought them back to the warehouse. SOOOO much easier and nicer not having to work around staff and other crap. Plus you can do stuff to them to get them clean that you could NEVER do at the restaurant.

I am glad that works for you. I don't have the patience to LOAD 500 chairs. UNLOAD 500 chairs. Clean. Then LOAD 500 chairs. Only to UNLOAD 500 chairs again. When I could have just cleaned them on site.

I am a lazy bastard.

ACD

I got $4 per chair on this. Averaged $160 per hour. My personal best is $403 per hour doing commercial carpet cleaning. Normal is $125-$165 residential and $150-$200 commercial per hour. Look guys I know I should hire a helper. I've had helpers. I have two trucks. With the economy the way it is finding people is easy. Finding good people is not. I'm the easiest guy ever to get along with and lead by example not tyranny. That said I have had several bad experiences with employees and while I am too busy at my current staff levels I fear having an extra mouth to support if I add on. I eventually will. I not getting any younger. I have gotten used to working alone and I am capable of some impressive production for one guy. Things are tight though and I don't plan any changes for awhile.

Aaron

T

The Magician

times are too slow. E mail Darlene on ICS and she will tell you how to do it faster and better with a por :lol: ty

jimmyolas

we have a couple of people that like some extra money or can help us when we need, part time cleaner,etc, to help us for those jobs we need extra help. its nice to network with other cleaners in the area perhaps they can help or loan a technition.

good price on the chairs. jimmy

CleanEvo

I did 840 chairs in January, similar to those. Way easier to do those chairs on site when they're in a big room like that. Love those kind of jobs.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I don't have patience, I have employees. 3 guys had them loaded in no time. 2 guys cleaning and setting up air movement, 3 guys taking them back. I was completely refreshed at the end of the ordeal.

pcc1

ACD said:
I got $4 per chair on this. Averaged $160 per hour. My personal best is $403 per hour doing commercial carpet cleaning. Normal is $125-$165 residential and $150-$200 commercial per hour. Look guys I know I should hire a helper. I've had helpers. I have two trucks. With the economy the way it is finding people is easy. Finding good people is not. I'm the easiest guy ever to get along with and lead by example not tyranny. That said I have had several bad experiences with employees and while I am too busy at my current staff levels I fear having an extra mouth to support if I add on. I eventually will. I not getting any younger. I have gotten used to working alone and I am capable of some impressive production for one guy. Things are tight though and I don't plan any changes for awhile.

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom