a must HAVE

Mikey P

Administrator
Clean FreAk 175 shampoo brush.

and if you don't have a 1.5 hp 17" rotary on your van, you my friend need to have your noggin examined..

20131004_092529_zpsd2ee87f9.jpg

Name
I'm Rick James
Clean FreAk 175 shampoo brush.

and if you don't have a 1.5 hp 17" rotary on your van, you my friend need to have your noggin examined..

20131004_092529_zpsd2ee87f9.jpg

Would you use this over a rotary machine like the hoss or 360i? You use it for encap?

Mikey P

Administrator
Brent you know those jobs ( about half of what we see, that wont come out GREAT if you don't do something to break loose the soil?

Use a 175 and this brush on piles, or a fiber pad to work the pre spray in real good. You wont believe how well your wand works now.

And when its REAL bad, THEN you bust out the HOSS or Rotovac.

and thats less than 10% of the time for us.

Dont forget we pre vacuum and use well formulated Pre Sprays

and the World's Greatest Suck Mop, Ever.

Reactions: SamIam

hogjowl

Idiot™
Let me add that I do not have a rotary extraction tool. I tried one (360i) for a week and sent it back. On the worst jobs you can imagine, that brush combined with a high flow, 2 inch wand, at 600 psi (provided you have a capable blower) will, IMHO, clean as good as any rotary tool and leave the carpet MUCH drier.

Heck, that brush made Stockwell money (I assume) when combined with a tap water flow, homemade electroweenie. Imagine what someone like US can do with it.

Name
I'm Rick James
Brent you know those jobs ( about half of what we see, that wont come out GREAT if you don't do something to break loose the soil?

Use a 175 and this brush on piles, or a fiber pad to work the pre spray in real good. You wont believe how well your wand works now.

And when its REAL bad, THEN you bust out the HOSS or Rotovac.

and thats less than 10% of the time for us.

Dont forget we pre vacuum and use well formulated Pre Sprays

and the World's Greatest Suck Mop, Ever.

How is the production rate by doing the two step process vs just breaking out the hoss/360?

That is a very good price for those floor buffers.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
I haven't used one of those for years!

Once I got my first rx I never looked back, but Im willing to try it again as we have identical equipment, even the same rotary.
Would love to see a video filmed of the prescrub then the flush Mikey

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
If you guys are looking for the ultimate and last 175/300 floor machine you will ever buy Check out www.centaurmachines.com Make sure you check out their baseboard cleaning adapter "scrub jay" pretty sure you can encap clean carpet baseboards with this also. Canadian made since the 60s.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingjoelking

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm getting the brush this week. No idea how I'm going to fit everything on the truck but I'll work it out. Custys really like the Rotovac. There's a wow factor with it. That IS important. Do you guys get that with the 175? I suppose RESULTS are what we are after, doesn't matter as much what it looks like getting there. I'd like to see a video too Mike. Thanks.

The Clean Machine

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I carry my 17 inch tennant 175/300 on my truck all the time.
But getter older I have to use a ramp to get it off the truck.
I'd like to find one of those tanks that sit on the motor with a spray so I can bonnet clean better.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

While I agree with having a "shampoo" brush . . .

I think the people that use them many hours a day . . .

will use a brush that is more aggressive nylon . . .

and DOES NOT utilize a center riser.

You can take the center riser off, if you already have one.

This is the model brush we use:

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=2677

For Grout, you need a 3M segmented brush or even better, a cylindrical brush :

Larry

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
As long as it's broke in good I agree with Larry no need for the center glider.

We would get it balanced, run a stream of water from a garden hose and strap the machine to a pole and let it run on rough concrete for an hour to break in the brush.

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Those Centaur machines have some really nice features. I like the idea of the adjustable splash ring and removeable handle the best. I also like the tongue in cheek old Baboushka wearing Russian cleaning lady in the video.

Can the center ring be adjusted based on the type of carpet or pile height? Or is that a non issue? I was told once that you need an adjustable center because the bristles wear down over time and that it can become too aggresive on carpets. Not sure how long "over time" was.. 9-12 months or 6-8 years of moderate use? Was also told you don't want an adjustable center...
ok..who's right Ford or Chevy?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to clarify that vague statement.
Bill Morgan

Reactions: Russ T.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Those Centaur machines have some really nice features. I like the idea of the adjustable splash ring and removeable handle the best. I also like the tongue in cheek old Baboushka wearing Russian cleaning lady in the video.

Can the center ring be adjusted based on the type of carpet or pile height? Or is that a non issue? I was told once that you need an adjustable center because the bristles wear down over time and that it can become too aggresive on carpets. Not sure how long "over time" was.. 9-12 months or 6-8 years of moderate use? Was also told you don't want an adjustable center...
ok..who's right Ford or Chevy?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to clarify that vague statement.
Bill Morgan[/QUOTE
I have the Adjust a Glide brush. The center riser is adjustable, taking pressure off the bristles. As the brush wears down there will be less pressure on the bristles and more on the center, thus it would require raising the center to allow adequate pressure back on the brush. Is that clear a mud?:confused:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom