A "Must Read" regarding the SOA

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Any frequent reader of MB knows the low regard I have for the CRI SOA program.

For a sensible recommendation for how the CRI could better serve the public and their own interests, read this article by Bill Bane under the heading "Associations should be responsible"

Good stuff.

http://www.baneclene.com/clenetimes/2008Aug.pdf

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jim,
Great article. The other one about Fritz Rench reentering the fray is interesting. He is attending our CCMT class in Dalton next week. We may still have a Milliken exec also there at Tandus. Should prove interesting.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I've been reading Bill Bane's stuff for over 35 years. While I may not agree with his philosophy on cleaning methods and machinery Bill has always had a great grasp of the industry. Nice to see he hasn't lost his touch.

Steve

PS Little did I know Bill Bane's little Jiminy Cricket Irish Gremlin would 30 years later wind up working with me. Life is strange. The only thing stranger is the little Cricket's passion and thirst for the dark brown Irish horse pee elegantly and misleadingly named "Guiness". (After all. look how repeated imbibings stunted Yeadon's growth.) Give me a nice, strong and exceedingly cold lager any day ...

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Where did you think I get that "brilliance?"

Steve Toburen said:
I've been reading Bill Bane's stuff for over 35 years. While I may not agree with his philosophy on cleaning methods and machinery Bill has always had a great grasp of the industry. Nice to see he hasn't lost his touch.

Steve

PS Little did I know Bill Bane's little Jiminy Cricket Irish Gremlin would 30 years later wind up working with me. Life is strange. The only thing stranger is the little Cricket's passion and thirst for the dark brown Irish horse pee elegantly and misleadingly named "Guiness". (After all. look how repeated imbibings stunted Yeadon's growth.) Give me a nice, strong and exceedingly cold lager any day ...

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I always assumed it was because you were of Irish decent, as am I........

Back to "the other Bill": Everyone should read his editorials. He's one of the most fair minded and practical thinkers this industry has.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Steve Toburen said:

Steve

You two need to see a shrink. . . . . well at least one of you does !

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
wee jimmy cricket...what a dope( well the real one from N I is)

steve.....you insult my beer.....

you sir cant handel my beer....stay with your buttwiper beer

Name
Deborah Lema
Bill Bane is one of the reasons that I've made so many friends in the industry outside of my standard circles. He has a knack of rising above things and seeing them in a different way than most, which I appreciate and learn from. He's also happens to be fun. Tip of my hat to you, Bill!

John Watson

Thanks Jim, I have enjoyed Mr. Banes (and I do call him Mr with respect)writings for years. Good new about Mr Fritz Rench. I still have the MB hat from the Double Header baseball game Brewers against the White Sox (My first Profssional baseball Game) Host treated the class to, My first Tailgate party too. Got to sit next to Harry B and Fritz at the farwell dinner too. He treated this Alaska boy and my employee with his 2 guests like Kiings.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm NOT a fan of dear old Mr. Bane.

Doesn't anybody remember his little newsletters pointing out how stupid the average carpet cleaner is? Showing burnt up vans and making fun of the cleaners.

He's always had an agenda with pushing his obsolete machines and his "Program"

He gets pissy when his feelings get hurt.
He's a tyrant.

And NO friend of the average carpet cleaner.

Rex Tyus

I won't go as far as Jimmy, though he does make valid points. I will say I always enjoyed reading his literature (I used to be a Bane Koolaid drinker) until his article on Chemdry where he stated that corporate wasn't behind their negative advertising it must be the franchisees taking it on their own. This just happen to be along the time Chemdry was looking for an extraction system they could utilize in their marketing. VERY shortly after the Hydramaster arrangement was announced he was right back smack talking Chemdry. That is the way I remember it anyway. I wish now I had kept all those articles.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Interesting reading but I was always aware of his propaganda and egotism.

I could care less what his stance is on anything.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the problem I have with bane is how he goes around saying that truckmounts of course the ones other than his are a danger to the neighborhood, that they are a ticking time bomb waiting to blow up a customers home. I take issue with bull shit like this, my truckmount is not a bane and its in no danger for blowing up a neighborhood. talk like this is really no better than the bait and switch guys use, using fear and intimidation to an uneducated potential customer is exactly what he is speaking out against, isn't this hypocrisy?? Bane needs to face the fact is machines our outdated pieces of shit, that should not be sold to anyone, who wants to clean with a high powered truck mounted portable?? I guess the neighborhood is safe though. he will never do a hotseat on mikeys board because he will be ripped apart and run over by the mikeys board faithful.

Back
Top Bottom