A new type grooming tool

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I have an idea for a new grooming tool. Lately I have been using a grandigroom and a grandibrush together at the same time. I hold both poles together, one on top the other, so that the grandigroomer is closest to me and the grandbrush touches the carpet just beyond the grandigroomer.

This way you can dig into the carpet well with the grooming tool, but also brush out the teeth marks as you draw back in in your motion.

I have used the adapter that connects to both a grandigroom and a grandibrush, but is was just too awkward and would get in my way on stairs and grooming up to the walls. Plus, you had to flip it over and go back over it all again if you wanted to brush out the groomer teeth marks.

Maybe Groom Industries or Greenie could make some kind of bracket to be able to fit both on one poll in unison. It would sure be handi and do a very nice job grooming or just agitating in prespray.

What do you think?

Greenie

Good idea. I'll take a look at some rakes next week, should be fairly easy.

Just how many carpets do you like to use both at the same time on, what types does it seem to work better on?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
grandibrushconverter_ab32_lg.jpg

2 tools in one....one side for agitation and one side for grooming....

something else I did to mine was I cut one end so I could slide the brush off and groom the stairs...

It is much easier to use a hand held rake to agitate the stairs

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Thanks for posting the picture Jim. I quit using that one after a while and would just bring in both tools instead. It was easier.

Maybe that will give you an idea for a bracket Jeff. Something to hold the Grandi Groom and the Grandi brush on the carpet at the same time. Even with the awkwardness of holding them together, it works pretty good. Unless a carpet is supper plush, I would use the tool on most carpets. Sometimes just the Grandi Groom with its teeth work great for shaggy types, but most other carpet I don't like to leave the teeth lines and the Grandi Brush will remove them on the back stroke. Thanks for looking into the possibilities. I also find it easier to push than a stiffer thicker brush that would not leave lines. Sometime they are a bear to work with, so that would be another advantage to having this new set up.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I just use a stiff push broom I bought at Lowes.

Works as a agitator and groomer.

I think it's made by LIBBY.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The grandi groomers don't work as well as the thicker grooming brushes. Don't know the make of it but its like a stiff broom, about 2" bristles, but 1/2-3/4" wide.
I stopped using the grandi groomer with the teeth years ago when I saw what it did to plush carpet. Didn't work worth beans on berber.

Back
Top Bottom