A Newbie Getting Started

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Great Video Mikey! That was a lot of good info!

A big thing that may be stopping me is insurance... I really need to stay part-time right now, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do that and afford my insurance... being 18 is going to hurt me pretty bad, I have a feeling. Does anyone have any idea how much I should expect to pay and what coverage I should look at aside from General Liability and Commercial Vehicle?
Ding ding jr.! Seems I tried to explain that to you a couple pages ago. But, I guess these Idiots needed some entertainment! Listen, GL is based on payroll which you will have none like lot of these here. So, they’ll base your would be premium on an individual. But in the underwriting department, they will ask, how much experience does individual have😳 Ding ding ding. Guess what some smartass underwriter is going to do. 🙄 Oh, but he has a wore out Butler van🤷🏼‍♂️ Community College or go to work for someone!!!

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Great video Mike,

To that 1.5hp 17" 175 you should add a 4 gallon solution tank ~$80-100, and an additional driver ($50) for 20" pads.

That 20" will make it more productive on bigger jobs and actually easier to handle.

The solution tank is great for encapping carpets, adding weight when needed, and helping to keep pads from loading up with debris on vct.

...but that would have added 4 minutes that Marty couldn't spare.
they also need a front handle attached if they dont have one, negates most the grumbling about getting it in and out

Reactions: Cleanworks

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Ding ding jr.! Seems I tried to explain that to you a couple pages ago. But, I guess these Idiots needed some entertainment! Listen, GL is based on payroll which you will have none like lot of these here. So, they’ll base your would be premium on an individual. But in the underwriting department, they will ask, how much experience does individual have😳 Ding ding ding. Guess what some smartass underwriter is going to do. 🙄 Oh, but he has a wore out Butler van🤷🏼‍♂️ Community College or go to work for someone!!!

It’ll cost more but doesn’t mean he can’t make it happen. Just need guts and creativity

And it’s also based off of projected payroll or gross income

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
The basis will be minimum as I said, and underwriting will be as I said. When smarty pants said he should talk to an insurance agent, that would be me, though he didn’t me me.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Will guts and creativity include knowing how to hook up a solution line? Underwriters are not nice people, they wear green shades.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Will guts and creativity include knowing how to hook up a solution line? Underwriters are not nice people, they wear green shades.

The kids obviously going to find someone to ride a long with but having to pay more in insurance as a Sol Prop isn’t a deal breaker.
Lot better investment in himself than college if it’s not needed imo

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
College is just a suggestion. Not a bad one, compared to “carpet cleaning business”. Oh, and by the way, GL is gonna be the least of his worries. He hasn’t even mentioned his commercial auto policy with less than 3 years driving experience, much less with a truckmount in it, driving all over creation. Those are just a few small hurdles he’ll have to jump.

Last edited by a moderator:

soundguy7440

Name
SoundGuy
I'm definitely looking for someone to ride along with.

I may not know everything, but I can set up and use a carpet cleaner whether its a portable or a truckmount and get a good result so please don't discount me as some idiot who has never cleaned a square foot of carpet.

I'll be getting insurance quotes tomorrow. Does anyone have any companies that they'd recommend?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Nothing like polishing a turd

67af5cb3b3d0953d91d180e5267a636e.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
That smooth unbridled writing style reminds me of ONE PERSON....
CHAVEZ ......
is pulling our noodle here...
He's on home work quarantine and has the time to play.......

come on Richard.....outta the closet.........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom