A night for ethelene glycol!

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Low of 7 tonight.
Purged my entire system, Hoses, Wand, Upholstery tool, even my battery sprayer... with good 'ol ethylene glycol!

...Seems like my pump likes Antifreeze... does it clean/moisturize or somthing?

Greenie

and to think, I bitch when its 30 and i have to scrape the ice off the windshield. :lol:

Gonna be cold here tonight too. 20 for low and tomorrow night in the teens. Thank goodness for heated shop. Would hate to have to do all that crap to 4 trucks.

albradham said:
If we would have 20 degrees here (Charleston, SC) that would be great. At 20 we go to work, broken pipes everwhere. 20 is the magic number.

Yeah. Hopefully we will get one of those. We could really use it.

R

R W

Just got back from checking my "baby". The garage is a toasty 45*, but it's 0* out with wind chills into the -20's. I don't think I'll start cleaning till after 12 tomorrow.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I just quit using my "entire garage" heater, and just started heating the vans with a pissy little electric heater/fan, the garage was 45 degrees with those sumbitches running!! My big heater would barely keep the garage over freezing!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Damn! Sorry to hear that Ashley!

I had two today I rescheduled one this morning it's like 0 out with -15 wc for tomorrow morning. The other one I'm going to do at noon since a heat wave is coming through it will be like 7 degrees...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Re: Freakin crap didnt work.

AshleyMckendree said:
Results of running 50/50 Antifreeze... EVERYTHING IS F#@%*ing FROZEN.

no way

must of been thinned out MUCH more to stretch farther maybe?
and you weren't aware?

..L.T.A.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I bought straight 100% Antifreeze, flushed out all water from system, hoses and all, then added 1 gallon of water to dilute 50/50.

I mixed the Antifreeze and water in a separate bucket before poring in the fresh water tank, and there is a few ounces of 50/50 antifreeze left in the bucket that froze :|

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
AshleyMckendree said:
I bought straight 100% Antifreeze, flushed out all water from system, hoses and all, then added 1 gallon of water to dilute 50/50.

I mixed the Antifreeze and water in a separate bucket before poring in the fresh water tank, and there is a few ounces of 50/50 antifreeze left in the bucket that froze :|

Are you sure you got 100% instead of the 50/50 ready mix.
If you got the 50/50 by mistake and diluted that 50/50 it would freeze at about 10 degrees.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Just trying to figure out how in the heck it froze on you so it doesn't happen again.
I had a freeze up years ago and cost 2K to repair all the broken parts.

Greenie

124oz. or not...I can't see a 50/50 mix freezing in KY.

What piece of data are we missing here.

ps: how many oz. in a quart? :wink:

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Greenie said:
124oz. or not...I can't see a 50/50 mix freezing in KY.

What piece of data are we missing here.

ps: how many oz. in a quart? :wink:

I think the bucket I used to mix the Antifreeze may have had traces of PowerMax in it, because I use it to mix my pre-spray.
Wondering if it affected the Prestone at all.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
A realtor sent me to the next town over, the inside of the house was 3 or 4 degrees. I called him and told him the heater broke, and his toilets were ice-skating rinks. I stayed on the phone with him and tried to fix the heater and flipped some breakers for him. By the time I was done with my Bid my hands were pretty frozen, and I was regretting the metal clipboard purchase.

Once he gets it thawed and the plumbing fixed we can dry her out and clean the carpets. I don't think the water will be that bad because he's on a well system and I shut the pump for him. I imagine it should just be a little water draining out of the pipes.

Back
Top Bottom