A "Plug" for softened water

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Last nights job of tile & grout. Cleaned around 2.700 sf using my 225 gallon tank of softened water. Had to refill on location and finished up the last 5-600 sf. Put up all hoses etc. from 3rd floor and headed back up to seal. The first 2,700 ft not a blemish, the last 600 ft had residue crap all over it! Didn't want to pull 300 ft of hose back off so ended up mopping 2-3 times to get most of the residue up.

Also, a good argument for having softener on board vs at the shop

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Yeah the water was the only difference. I let the new helper get his feet wet on the turbo on this 600 sf but I went back over the entire 600 sf myself because it just didn't look right. I thought he had screwed it up being in a hurry. We went about a year without a softener at our new place and I could tell a distinct difference in the rugs I cleaned. Now they come out really soft and before they came out "stiff". Thought you would like that phrase! lol I also noticed because when we used the bib to rinse the soap off in the bathrooms we also ended up with crap in there when we didn't have hose access to run our turbo from the truck.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I never really appreciate my 210 gallon tank of soft water until I run it dry on a commercial job and have to tap into the crap they call water running through half the pipes in the cities around me.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have soft water here and carry soft water but on large commercial work we will hookup direct. Never noticed a difference but then it's carpet and not T&G.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Check with your local water utility regarding the hardness of your water before acting on this thread. Water hardness varies greatly across the land.

Never an issue here.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My Kinetico is finally dying, had it running since 95.......needs rebedded. I just might go to an exchange softner. I can tell the difference in cleaning and in the white buildup on the QD's.ws.jpg

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I just thought of one more thing that might be adding to this problem. I have been using Cobbs powered brighteneR on the last 2 jobs. However even with that there was zero problems when U had the soft water

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom