A question for Greenie....

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I know you're an ex-marine and you could easily find and kill me.

I am not trying to drive you insane, I am just trying to learn. That said:

If I run 2-2" hoses into a Y and run one 2" hose for the last 50', is that the same as only running 50' of 2" hose and parking the truck in the living room?

By running the two hoses am I in essence putting myself closer to the truck, or is there something else going on that my 9th grade education can't quite understand?

AND! How much is your super-sweet greenhorn with the 10 flow and 2" pipe???

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
thats what they call "4 to the door"

and it helps a ton

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I set up for a job, that was just the front room of the house. It is the first job I have ever done with this truck where I only had to use 50 ft of hose.... and I had incredible suction.

Is that the same suction I would have if I ran "4 to the door" or is 4 to the door better than that?

Would it benefit me to run 4 to the door on a job where I would only need one section of 2" hose?

Also, I was wondering if anybody knew of where I could get a Y connector that didn't cost $50.00 from my interlink supplier?

Disclaimer: I am not trashing my interlink supply distributor. I love those guys. I always give them a hard time about their prices, but it's a joke really. I don't care if they have a 50% markup on some items. I am happy to give them the money because of the support and service I get. But in this case, I just can't do it.

BTW, they said they wouldn't be offended if I bought one of greenies wands.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ok ill add my limited knowledge here...

in a sense YES it will be the same sucky sucky feeling with 4 to the door...

ok let me ask this....(and maybe its in your profile, but i am to tired to go back and look)

What is your setup?? what machine, what blower, and what connectors to you have off the waste tank??

With that it can be better answered as well...

as far as a Y to check it out 1st, go to a hardware store and buy an ABS 2" Y or y as they are a little off. :)

get 3 of the 2" slip male by female thread, glue those in, get some 2" barb by male thread, screw those on...wahlah a poor mans Y.

and no benefit if you need just 50'..

also why do you think there is so much talk about 2.5" hose and what not???

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have a white magic commander high output.

I have a giant friggin hose running from the waste tank to a filter box that allows you to connect 3 2in hoses.

My distrib shrugged his shoulders and said he thinks I get about 500CFM out of my blower....

Helpful?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Gary,as I understand it, most machines 'bottleneck' at the waste tank outlet.

If you can run 2 hoses past that point and then merge with a good 2" Y, then you maximise your airflow through the existing hoses. The further you take the Y out, the better your performance will be.

By splitting the vacuum, you are MAJORLY increasing your 'air to water' ratio.

I am amazed at the difference in my Legend simply by going from 2" (1.75" ID) to true 2.5" port.

Hope this helps.

John

Greenie

Thanks team!

You guys don't need me, you have each other, I love seeing this kinda exchange.

ps: the Greenhorn is avail. at your local Interlink supply, just ask for one, it's completley returnable and guaranteed so you haven't got much to lose, but winter is coming and your current wand/glide is serving just fine, so maybe hold your money til spring and just grab a $4 pvc Y at the hardware store and give the 4 to the door a shot for now, oh and you won't find a quality 2"Y for less than than $49, it's a pita to make so give the local boys their due.

pps: I chose the jarhead quote cause it defines me, but spent time in the active Marine Corps (desert shield/storm), Marine Reserve, Army Reserve, and Army nat. guard as well, enjoyed all those uniforms, 14 years of good memories.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
3 2" huh....

maybe get the vanifold from greenie...

that damn thing on an AT made me want to goo.. :shock: :shock:

very nice for sure

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom