A quick tour of my shop

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Looks nice.
Why did you decide to get a wash tub?

Without going into all the semantics, After meeting with @T Monahan and learning about the chemistry and ability of the machine, I'm pretty much sold on the benefits of the rug tub setup. If I need to get more aggressive I have my rug pit and Cimex.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt
Name
Jeff T
Without going into all the semantics, After meeting with @T Monahan and learning about the chemistry and ability of the machine, I'm pretty much sold on the benefits of the rug tub setup. If I need to get more aggressive I have my rug pit and Cimex.
You do realize they are like 1400 gallons of water?
They take forever to fill.... it’s not even worth filling unless you’ve got 15-18 rugs to clean....

F

FB7777

Sounds like a serious investment in a rug plant

do you process many rugs now?

I have no doubt in my area I could set up a rug shop on a main road and scale up my puny 5-7 rugs per week

But then I remind myself that I hate cleaning rugs and have no interest in their place of origin or how many third world infants are exploited looming them

• Wow
Reactions: SamIam and BIG WOOD
Name
Steve Lawrence

I have no doubt in my area I could set up a rug shop on a main road and scale up my puny 5-7 rugs per week

But then I remind myself that I hate cleaning rugs and have no interest in their place of origin or how many third world infants are exploited looming them
I think Damon is motivated enough to make this all work. Someday he may be thinking back on the days when all of success was just a dream. And his great business runs effortlessly. And it's all worth mucho bucks to a smart buyer.

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

I get my share of rugs organically but I’ve been holding back on getting the word out until i get the equipment. This last month I started testing the waters on social media and I was pleasantly surprised by the response. Was able to bag about 15 rugs. I have a few more waiting to be picked up. Once we get the equipment installed I’ll be ramping things up.

Honestly, I’d be content with doing just 10 rugs a month. We’ll see how it goes.

Name
Jeff T
I get my share of rugs organically but I’ve been holding back on getting the word out until i get the equipment. This last month I started testing the waters on social media and I was pleasantly surprised by the response. Was able to bag about 15 rugs. I have a few more waiting to be picked up. Once we get the equipment installed I’ll be ramping things up.

Honestly, I’d be content with doing just 10 rugs a month. We’ll see how it goes.
Damon, I do anywhere from 7-10 a week, and I still can’t justify the investment....
You really should think this one through my friend...
If you are only doing 10-15 a month, it’s not worth it...
Not trying to dissuade you, just trying to be realistic...
it’s not like buying a CRB, or wand that you can flip easily... this system takes flatbed trucks, and forklifts to move....

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Jeff T
Well. I guess I could always do nothing.
Don’t be discouraged Damon. All I’m saying is ramp up to it... if you are turning- let’s say 850-1000$ a month in rugs, how long is it going to take to make the investment back? How long until you are turning a profit? Besides the equipment, you are going to need an electrician to come in, and wire it all up for you.... it’s not like you plug the thing in a wall socket, and you’re off to the races...
Do you have an appropriate drain to drain off 1400 gallons of dirty water? Are you going to need a plumber to come in to ramp up your water flow, so you don’t have to be filling the tank for 8-10 hrs BEFORE you even start cleaning? Are you planning on using only cold water?
if you use a garden hose, this is realistic to where you will be....
Just a few things to think about..
Can you turn a profit off this equipment within a year, 2, 5 years????
Just things I’ve thought about for my own shop....
Food for thought Damon, food for thought....

Name
Jeff T
It would be nice to be able to treat the water in the wash tub and reuse it. Filter and ozone perhaps.
The guy I USED TO take my rugs to would run 20-30 rugs through the tub.... some of the rugs I would take to him would be large wool rugs, full of urine. He would wait to run them until the last few.
They would sometimes come back to me smelling ALOT worse than when I took them in... clients would ask me if I even cleaned them... SO, I started hacking out rugs my self.... so yes, it would be a really great idea to be able to filter and recirculate the water....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The guy I USED TO take my rugs to would run 20-30 rugs through the tub.... some of the rugs I would take to him would be large wool rugs, full of urine. He would wait to run them until the last few.
They would sometimes come back to me smelling ALOT worse than when I took them in... clients would ask me if I even cleaned them... SO, I started hacking out rugs my self.... so yes, it would be a really great idea to be able to filter and recirculate the water....
I think Tom mentioned 6-8 rugs per load. Depends on the type of soiling and contamination. You probably use the same amount of water in a wash pit, if you take into account the all the extra rinsing a urine soaked rug takes. It's really just the cost of the equipment. It's worth it if you're going to go big.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
You can do a lot of rug cleaning on a concrete slab like your shop floor.
You control the chemistry and the drying.
Might as well market for the rug cleaning now.
Some rugs are going to be cleaned that way even when you have all the equipment set up and when the equipment shows up... you will have a stream of rugs to clean.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart

Have you ever attempted to pull a rug out of the wash tub by yourself?
I'm envious and wish you the best.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Have you ever attempted to pull a rug out of the wash tub by yourself?
I'm envious and wish you the best.
Oh I know. I've gots ideas. Everything takes gobs of money and work, but it will eventually pay off. I can't do it all at once, but I have a master plan and working toward that. Doing everything in a rug pit is not part of my master plan and I have no interest in humping rugs in a pit all day. This is why i'm not going full blown advertising of my shop until I get my equipment in place. What little i've done so far has given me hope. There is nothing in my area like what i'm setting up and I won't be limited to geographic boundaries if it works out. I almost die lifting these rugs alone. I blew out my shoulder lifting a big rug. Trying to design things in an easy workflow mindset. Like the Triangle design of a kitchen.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Oh I know. I've gots ideas. Everything takes gobs of money and work, but it will eventually pay off. I can't do it all at once, but I have a master plan and working toward that. Doing everything in a rug pit is not part of my master plan and I have no interest in humping rugs in a pit all day. This is why i'm not going full blown advertising my shop until I get my equipment in place. I almost die lifting these rugs alone. I blew out my shoulder lifting a big rug. Trying to design things in an easy workflow mindset. Like the Triangle design of a kitchen.
Think about 1 full time employee at the shop to answer phones, do scheduling, work on rugs, etc and 1 part time driver/helper to pick up/deliver rugs.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom