A tip for your B4 and After shots on your site...

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Mikey do you just use a rake to groom?

We have alot of customers around here that ask us not to rake the carpet after cleaning. They say the lines from the rake stay around too long

GnuBackgammon.jpg

I call it the backgammon look

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
man..i get lots of business from my before and after pics on the web site.
you have to realize this is a different market, i dont know if it is a southern thing but people want the wand marks in the carpet..trust me i ask.
i do rake out about 10 percent of the jobs but most people like the makrs and want them. i get 2 hr max dry times so that is not a issue.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thanks..we wanted something fun nice professional and different than any other carpet cleaner web site..
it took a long time to build and design..it went through many different looks/styles before we landed on this one.

Jimbo

People with vacation homes at Lake Tahoe want the lines also...

People in the market for a home love the lines...it looks like the carpet was just cleaned for them!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
My little old black ladies would BEAT me wit a broom...if i raked out the triangles......

that lets them KNOW that it was ALL GOT!

DIG?

laugh at me if ya want.....
but little old black ladies......

are smart!

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
he wont answer..his ego wont allow him to. that would mean all the money he spent on making the doors in his house wide enough for his head to fit through was a waste of money..

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I always groom the carpet. If you groom you can sometimes find something that wasn't noticed while cleaning and take care of it.

If you use the zig zag wand stroke, you can hide some imperfections in your cleaning, so it has that advantage, at least temporarily.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
we always groom when applying protector.

we have never had a call back re missed spots or areas..we also have a 93% return rate with past customers. we figure the 7% loss to be move outs and removal of carpet. i know there is always tile/grout and uph but??
dave

Greenie

So....when you guys apply the Gard, do you brush in little triangles to keep them happy?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Greenie said:
So....when you guys apply the Gard, do you brush in little triangles to keep them happy?

no but i do let them know that the wand marks will be gone.
i stopped by a customers home we did yesterday earlier this afternoon and asked her what her thoughts were on it and she said she would have been disappointed had she come home and not seen the wand marks. she loves them and says it is a big part of the appeal of getting cleaned to her. she was not home when we did the job but this was the 5th time this year we have cleaned for her.
if i agree with you or not i do what keeps my customers happy.
mikey you are lucky i am not near you or i would shut you down..bitch

Greenie

Apparantly the rednecks around here have nothing in common with the tree huggers up north, cause they would even ask to have the rotovac swirls LEFT in the carpet....go figure... and no, they don't vacuum out easily...lol fortunately/unfortunatley we never sold much Gard.

ps: eeeew!

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
mikey you would be easy to shut down..you have nothing left, the best part of you got wiped off your moms leg with a Kleenex..i dont think it would be hard to take you over then have you beg for a job..

Greenie

btw: that is a pretty good site, you gotta add some more specialty spot removal pics in there, and get some real NaStY carpet pics, they make the best before and afters, those are civilized by comparison.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yea i got some good ones i just need to find the time to load them all up..tomorrow will be some good ones, i have to bring the cimex with me to do some scrubbing on some NASTY rental carpet.
greenie i need some jets for my turbo..i will call you tomorrow for a bunch of other little shit and some more quat..
thanks
talk to ya soon
dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom