AaaaCho0!

Mikey P

Administrator

I'm not sure if the author knew where he or she wanted to go with this article or that brings up a good discussion is carpet assuming as well maintained a better choice for allergy sufferers?

The review I got yesterday brings up a good point in that the husband wouldn't have been suffering from the past tenants left over pet dander and urine if the whole home had hard flooring

Will the ( freshly cleaned) carpet now act as a filter and protect his sinuses from their own dander and pet hair?

I think overall and for most people we're not anal and fastidious sweeper and moppers, the static effect of carpet is better for allergy sufferers...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
People are too lazy to vacuum their carpet at a minimum of once/week, and they (people with asthma) are the ones that suffer and they're too proud to admit it, so they just blame the carpet as being the cause.

As for the last paragraph, saying other flooring is reccomended for idiots with asthma...they're too cheap to put an air purifier in every room. They'd rather leave the ceiling fans on and spread the dead skin flakes everywhere and blame the "dust" on the pollution outside.

People are Lazy and too proud to admit their own faults. You have to clean what you have. That should be the last two sentences in that article.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm not sure if the author knew where he or she wanted to go with this article

didn't appear to be "agenda" driven.
Just kinda "here's what they say" and presented both sides.

as far as chronic suffers moving into homes with existing contaminates they're allergic to..
It doesn't take a degree in rocket surgery to figger out hard surfaces are FAR easier to decon than soft fluffy ones

..L.T.A.

Reactions: FB7777
F

FB7777

As I pass 30 years in this racket, I’m less tolerant of the whiny allergy sufferers / no fragrance freaks

don’t even want to work for them

early when the Covid cowards would call and demand a list of our protocols I simply told them to call when there was a cure

it’s nice to not have to give AF

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I really hate the ones that whine about their breathing problems, but have a glade plugin in every room. Idiots
Yup, and have carpet loaded with dog crap and urine and let their kids run around barefoot. I've seen this a few times and it totally grosses me out. I just imagine those kids crawling into bed with their dirty feet.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
These days with either hepa filtered vacuums or built-ins that exhaust outside, it's much easier to keep your carpet clean. What people have to understand is, carpets don't create dust. We do. Carpet traps it at floor level where you are not breathing it. Hard surfaces lets the dust blow around. On a sunny day, you can see the dust floating in the air, backlit by the sun. Always worse over hard surfaces. Like any filter, it needs to be emptied or cleaned periodically.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom