About 2 or 3 years ago...............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I was messing around in the shop working on ways to get better performance out of my system.....
I was looking at the pool filter wondering what I could do to open it up....made no since to run a 2 inch hose and have it choke down to the inch and a half ( OD ).......so I started cutting into it and making it a 2 inch opening and allowing the thing to breath......after running it for awhile..I drilled holes in the basket and used a nylon hose to catch everything.......I spent a few months testing it while cleaning and with some different meters and things..( honestly....testing thing does not mean any thing to me...we all run different set ups and will almost always get different results ).....Joe B got wind of it and we worked together coming up with adapters and a kit so that cleaners could adapt theirs....after he sold it to Interlink ..(?)..it all went down hill from there....but most....( not all ) that were able to adapt there have been happy with it and it has worked out great for them......and after all this time I have been happy with its performance and pleased it has helped others.......

Pitch that thing in the trash...........this filter rules.........

IMG_0559_zps15b36294.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TConway

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I have the stainless 4 to the door version.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm super impressed with our Devastator.

None of the others even come close.
No more crappy steel baskets to fall apart, no super durable
No restriction noticed at all
Ridiculously easy to clean out
Nothing to fail assuming you don't drive over it
Cheap.
A normal human makes and sells it

Look for the banner ad soon as Fred gets through his best of Donny Walberg cd.

Reactions: TConway and Russ T.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I was just getting ready to post a question asking what the filter of the month was. Apparently, this is it? I haven't ran a vac filter forever(since my pumpout died)....ready to start again.

Can I put a nylon in this to make cleanout even easier?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Tell me why? I love being able to just grab the nylon and pitch it. Tell me I have to rinse something and I'm bitter! lol

Also...tell me there isn't some type of jedi mind ACE that needs to be done to order these!

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Jim,
Thank you for taking the time to try it out, and I am glad you like it !! What you talked about above hits the head of the nail, I did use your filter set up and it made a HUGE improvement, I also was with Joe Bristor. I told him that it did make it better but at the time I had just started my biz and just started learning about the 4 2 door set up and to do a dual FILTERS,Y,and ALL the CUFFS was a chunk of change,back then I want to say 4-500.00 bucks the biggest expense was ALL the cuff,cuff adapters ( 20.00 + a set back then) So Joe said to me YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS GO FIX IT.... So that's what I set out to do and the Devastator was born.
To this day I use it everyday in our cleaning biz, so for the most part I know what needed to be fixed, what works and what doesn't work, GOOP will not work no matter how good you put it in there it will start to leak in time. This is what lead to rubber gaskets,but also what type and how they are placed.
Now I just got out of a meeting today as I am starting to get overwhelmed with orders to go into FULL PRODUCTION. Our newest designs in BOTH PVC and SS will need NO CUFF but will be able to still hook to a MALE and FEMALE CUFF....COOL CUFF, MYTEE CUFF, or FLASH CUFFS at any point in the hose run. We also have a meeting with a Patent lawyer as we have come up with idea that will change everything about how our filter works. We are using it on out personal filter and it awesome.
Our LG filter with new upgrades we are hoping will be unstoppable in a 8 hr work day. We have sold a few filters to companies that are cleaning astro turf and need longer work times.
Due to this the price is going to change... how much not sure as of yet, we will have a better idea after the first 100 are done. A lot has changed in this last year but our goal is to have the best performing, best quality, and still be a fair price to all the cleaners out there.
Thanks Mike for having us here and THANK YOU to all of guys that have supported us and the filter. We will continue to make it as good as possible for ALL of you.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I was just getting ready to post a question asking what the filter of the month was. Apparently, this is it? I haven't ran a vac filter forever(since my pumpout died)....ready to start again.

Can I put a nylon in this to make cleanout even easier?

You can run a XXXXL knee high if you like, It takes a little to get them over the bags plastic ring but it is possible.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Can someone explain what a hose type filter will help with? Does it take the place of the waste tank(steel basket)? If the steel basket stays, is the major benefit - don't have to clean as often?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Thought you said you weren't wanting to sell through distributors? Guess that has changed? Call me tomorrow if get the chance .

Mikey P

Administrator
Our newest designs in BOTH PVC and SS will need NO CUFF but will be able to still hook to a MALE and FEMALE CUFF....COOL CUFF, MYTEE CUFF, or FLASH CUFFS at any point in the hose run.

cant wait to see how you pulled that off.

Mikey P

Administrator
Can someone explain what a hose type filter will help with? Does it take the place of the waste tank(steel basket)? If the steel basket stays, is the major benefit - don't have to clean as often?

If you have an intank basket filter and are happy with it I see no reason to change other than convenience and possibly less restriction depending on what design you have.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
You can run a XXXXL knee high if you like, It takes a little to get them over the bags plastic ring but it is possible.

I use the knee highs over the in-tank filters, and I use the pantyhose in the in-tank steel basket. Pull em out, throw them away....no rinsing of anything. I like girlie things...........and I keep CVS in business with pantyhose purchases! Rite Aid, too. If you keep an eye on the weekly sales, you can buy 2 for 1 or 1/2 off the second box. A little pricey, but worth the non-hassle of another piece of equipment.

Mikey P

Administrator
an unnamed employee of mine ran the DV like this when he couldn't find a 2.5 cuff one day.

20130418_110620_zpsa77196c3.jpg

The fact that the back did not rip out is amazing..

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've considered doing that using a light weight tripod to support it. I don't like having a 6' piece of 2.5" hose laying around in the van.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom