About CLO2

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I am seeing some buzz about CLO2 on the boards. Can any of you give guidance on how you use this to deodorize and sanitize? Cautions, tips, dilution and effectiveness?
if you have used it and think it is worth incorporating into cleaning, whether it reacts adversely with normal mixtures of prespray and so forth?
I am not one to jump on just any bandwagon.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have some experience using SNiPER but it's the only chlorine Dioxide product I have used. RTU no mixing.

Average results, the great results were balanced by the times it didn't do what it was expected.

The biggest concern was bleaching of carpets. It never happened to us but spoke with others that said it did to them.

We had an extremely challenging odor problem in a hoarder house and it was unimpressive on the concrete following cleaning.

It also lowered ATP counts on a kitchen counter where food was regularly processed but due to a biofilm it was also less than impressive.

Worked great on moldy odors in a basement and even did well on urine spots.

Reactions: Old Coastie
F

FB7777

‘ boy howdy, your ole pal Dummo here , be sure to join me and Craig Graspatstraws as we promote the wonders of CL02 . The greatest product and the solution to all your problems. We will bore you with miniscule details and go on long bloviating diatribes about how much we know and how much money you can make by funneling cash to us. Stay tuned , grab your favorite recliner and a 6 pack or two of Natural Ice or other discount dog piss and be prepared to make millions”

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I use it on mould jobs occasionally it really knocks the odours down

used it on 1 electrical fire job meh, possibly better on protein or wood fire??

but as mentioned it does have its own chlorine smell to it which gives off a "just cleaned and sanitised" which some are probably playing on?

Reactions: Old Coastie

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We used it in the 70’s. Prochem sold it as Burn Out. Decent product. Have some good experience with the current MB product, but all of the above limitations and color loss risks are still a factor.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Now I'm worried. That's what I've been using.
I used it on several other jobs with no problems, but the one job was enough for me to not take any more chances.

Another problem with CLO2 is it reacts with acids, so i customers pour vinegar on urine spots, the CLO2 can bleach when it reacts with the vinegar.

No thanks.

SteamwayPro

Supportive Member
Name
George
I had the same thing happen to me but with Stain 1 (peroxide) a few years ago. I spotted a coffee stain and when I came back it was white about the size of a softball. The peroxide had a bad reaction and bleached the carpet. Customer said his wife used something from Home Depot on it. The customer was very understanding but I took $100 bucks off the bill and customer was happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meter Maid

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom