about to buy a Power stretcher - any suggestions

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Hi Guys,
I don't do much repair or installation work other than fixing carpet back into place after minor water damage. Big jobs I'd have a full time installer take care of. I'm planning on taking Barry Costas class (repair and installation) in New Hampshire in August location is near me and his water damage class is terrific, just a great teacher. Steve or harry if you're ever in New England area teaching let me know.
I've rented out a junior power stretcher 3 times in the last month so its time to own one.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Harry Myers I'm one of those guys (cleaners) thats dabbled a little (successfully) but plan on expanding that area of the market. Going thru the threads in this room and seeing the results has inspired me to act upon it.

Thanks and sorry for the long thread on a short question.

Terry

John Watson

Oh how I would love to own a Roberts Golden Touch swivel head with the loc button handle. To me this is the cats meow of power heads, But, my 30 year old plus Roberts Jr works and gets the job done, Crane and Offanhimer ?? Well their name starts with an O, also have stretchers.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Now thats what I'm talking about. From what I know . Crain makes a better power stretcher than Roberts. I know Roberts had problems with there locking mechanism. I clean to, absolutely no insult intended. Just a way to get you cleaners to look. Terry I am glad you like the tool room ,much appreciated. We try hard all of us.

G

Terry said:
I don't do much repair or installation work other than fixing carpet back into place after minor water damage.

I'm planning on taking Barry Costa's class (repair and installation) in New Hampshire in August location is near me and his water damage class is terrific, just a great teacher.

I would be willing to bet that after taking Barry's course, you will rarely if ever use an installer to reinstall carpets for you again. That course will give you an edge over your competition and that little push in your biz like you won't believe!

Terry said:
I've rented out a junior power stretcher 3 times in the last month so its time to own one.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My suggestion would be to wait until your Repair and Re-installation Course with Barry. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Barry will answer them the best he can, he's full of knowledge and not afraid to share. After your course would be the best time to purchase your power stretcher, that way you're going into your purchase with eyes wide open.

Unless of course you come across the find of the century like I did. A couple of weeks ago I was driving around with my wife and stopped at a few yard sales, I was hoping to find something to pre-scrub carpets with, when I stumbled across a Crain power stretcher for get this....$5! I asked what was wrong with it and the guy said, "Nothings wrong with it, it's all there. My knees are bad and I just can't do it anymore. 5 bucks and it's yours. I hope you make lots of money with it!" As far as I can tell the tubes have a couple of very small dings and the paint has peeled a bit and has some scratches.

So don't be afraid to shop around for a good deal too.

Hope this helps.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Josh, what a deal! I had to pay $150 for my used Crain a couple years ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom