Accelerated Truckmounts - Is it worth the risk?

merryfield

I am posting here to share the experience I had with Accelerated Truckmounts so that any other unsuspecting soul is spared the grief my wife and I have been through in the past year.

Before ordering a machine from Duane Oxley, I did my research.

On every forum I visited, I got the same message: Duane Oxley is very knowledgeable and a man of good repute. I even emailed several former clients, and was assured that Duane was a man of integrity.

Nevertheless, handing over nearly $20,000 to a complete stranger in another country did leave me feeling nervous.

To cut a long story short, I ordered a Dominator Truckmount System in November 2009, and paid for it in full.

I was told by Duane that the system could built in 3 days and crated in 2 more, with the target date for shipping being December 18, 2009.

December 2009 came and went, and so did January and Febuary 2010.

By March 2010, I was starting to get anxious. After two weeks of being unable to contact Duane I posted a thread on the *** asking if anyone could help me get in touch with him.

When Duane finally responded to me, I told him that I was tired of the excuses and wanted to know the real reason for the delays.

Duane responded by telling me that in January 2010 a company had come to him in a ‘frenzy’ wanting 4 custom machines built immediately. He told me that he decided to take the order on because it would help the growth of his business. Unbeknown to me, he then put my order on the back burner.

Again more months passed, and excuses for more delays kept coming.

In July 2010, the machine finally arrived, and it has been sitting in my driveway ever since.

Why? Because after Duane had shipped the system, he informed me that he had not included all the parts that make the system complete and operable. Duane promised that he would air freight them to me and I would have them within 5 days.

Among the missing parts are filters for the vacuum recovery box, the solution hose reel and a number of other parts that were paid for in full when the system was ordered.

That was in July 2010. It is now October 2010, almost a full year after the equipment was ordered and paid for, and I still don’t have those parts.

It is obvious that a lot of people think very highly of Mr Oxley, and we are happy for those who have never had a nightmare experience like ours.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Sorry to hear that, Mick
damn shame, really
I hope you get it squared away

I'm kind of curious though, why would anyone half a world away buy a TM from a backyard builder?
(unless the backyard builder was in your own backyard)

..l.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
bob vawter said:
sooooooooooo then Mr 1 poster...
how did you hear of DUane...?

you think he's a "plant", Bob?

my spiddy senses tell me at least "part" of the story is true.

I'll wait for DooWayne's response before making any judgments though
he might be out chasing Wil 'O the Wisps right now, so we might have to wait til the Mother Ship beams him down.....

..l.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Procrastinator, for sure! Crook?...I think not.

I've endured worse from a small builder. Best not pay anyone in full up front, although I've done it too.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
merryfield said:
In July 2010, the machine finally arrived, and it has been sitting in my driveway ever since.

Why?
Among the missing parts are filters for the vacuum recovery box, the solution hose reel and a number of other parts that were paid for in full when the system was ordered.

That was in July 2010. It is now October 2010, almost a full year after the equipment was ordered and paid for, and I still don’t have those parts.

Is it possible to operate that beautiful machine sitting in your driveway by putting some sort of filter device in the recovery box and connecting a solution line to it and a vacuum hose and make some money cleaning instead of whining about your problems here? That's what I would do.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Art, I would be totally ticked if I had waited that long, and it arrived without ALL the parts. :evil:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I read some of the thread on ***, there's a huge thread on there where he talks about his experience, it goes on for pages. Didn't catch the whole story nor have gone back on that board. But I have heard about this for a while now.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
ronbeatty said:
Art, I would be totally ticked if I had waited that long, and it arrived without ALL the parts. :evil:

So would I. Then I would get on with my life. What would Crocodile Dundee do?
The TM is in the driveway. Install it in a van. Make it happen.

Bjorn

guess he would rather bitch and play the victim

maybe Dwain forgot a knob or a thingamajig

Mikey P

Administrator
Dead positive Rob and his crank calling whelp told this dude to come over here since Duane is smart enough to not play on ***.

THE Devil truckmount sales must be down in Virgina Beach.

If Duane was not so reliable in paying for his monthly banner bills I would believe this guy, as it is I think it's bullshit.

F

FB7777

I've poked fun at Duane a few times in the past, but I tend to agree with a few of the above statements from Mike and Lee.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I've cut 'n pasted his whinge on the Aussie Forum to see what his locals can offer.

He lives about an hour south of Perth in Western Australia, which is about 3,500 miles south west of me, and NO, I don't know him. shiteatinggrin

Ooroo,

!gotcha!

If this was a prank, then all I am going to say is when it comes to someones livelyhood, there is a line you do not cross.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
merryfield said:
By March 2010, I was starting to get anxious. After two weeks of being unable to contact Duane I posted a thread on the *** asking if anyone could help me get in touch with him.

When Duane finally responded to me, I told him that I was tired of the excuses and wanted to know the real reason for the delays.

Alright....this doesn't add up... If you were unable to contact him, how the heck did you get excuses??!!

To GET excuses from someone you have to have contact with the person.(ie phone, sms, internet forum pm, email, snail mail.. etc...etc...)

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Fabricator issues.

The particular fabricator that we've been working with for years, has all but gone out of business. They scaled back their employees by 70% in an attempt to keep the doors open at the end of last year, but it didn't work. I've been after them to re-do the parts that they made improperly, but to virtually no avail.

We had that part made by July, but they made it "standard", which didn't allow for the fine mesh filter to be installed underneath it. And that filter is "key" to completing this shipment.

So, we're building a relationship with a new fabricator now. They are supposed to have that filter ready Monday.

This new fabricator, BTW, informed me last week that they're laying off about 1/3 of their people at the end of this year, so once again, there's the spectre of having a similar situation develop with yet another fabricator. They're larger and do government contracts, so hopefully, that will result in better stability for them.

Part of what we're currently doing is bringing as much of the fabrication in- house as possible and stocking up on what we don't produce, in order to not be as dependent upon outside fabrication sources.

Michael isn't pulling anyone's leg here. Last winter turned into a serious fiasco that affected every relationship we have. That deal for 4 "rush" systems turned out to be a serious wound for us, instead of the boost that was excitedly promised up front. Unfortunately, Michael was affected more than most, with the logistics of shipping to Australia.

And by the way, it wasn't a matter of consciously choosing to putting other orders in front of this one. We found ourselves early on letting the situation those guys brought to us commandeer our schedule, which should have never happened. (Definitely my fault there in letting it occur that way, and some hard business lessons learned.... burned in.... as a result.

At any rate, I have been working to get his resolved, as I said, finally going to another fabricator in the process. They say it will be ready Monday. So it should ship no later than Tuesday.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I just have to say if you live in Australia how in the hell are you convinced to buy one of the "garage truckmounts" as mikey calls them??? I think prochem has a fairly big presence in aussie why the hell not buy a prochem, no money up front, you pay when your disty has the machine ready to install in your freaking van!!!!! if you have to pay for the machine before the company will build it, you are buying from a broke dick company PERIOD. people stop it!!!! use some common sense, just like the guy who sent all the money to ACE truckmounts paid up front before the machine was ever made, this raises so many red flags it isn't even funny think about it. most notably that they need your money in order to buy the parts to build the machine, why buy a machine from a company that is a paycheck away from not being able to build the machine.

fankly you should have known better and bought from a company that actually has a presence in your country. judson is the only "garage truckmount" I would ever consider, because you can see how simple it is with your own eyes. but that would only be after a prochem, blueline or sapphire unit.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Odin said:
guess he would rather bitch and play the victim

maybe Dwain forgot a knob or a thingamajig

I guess that prepares your potential clients to know exactly how they are going to be treated.

As it turns out he was absolutely right. No fabrication. No nada. 100% right and totaly justified in being upset.

If you buy a new machine, it should be delivered on time. At 100% working order. No excuses.
So if anything, he is owed an apology from some of the wise guys above.

And, if you ask me, Dwane owe him much more of an apology and an effort to make it more than right, than the lame one above.
Not only does it hurt his prospects in the future, it would every other small manufacturer as well.

Mikey P

Administrator
Damnit Duane,
You should have just sent him to Nick when you knew it was not going to be on time.

Maybe an Aussie can tell us if the are any garage units available down there.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, damage control should have been set in place about a year ago. :shock:

Hey, at least he admitted to screwing up. Gotta give the guy something for that. We are all human and screw it up sometime or another.

Some would have skirted the issue or not shown up at all. Cough*Greenie*cough. :mrgreen:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
You should have just sent his money back! You could have told him I am sorry I cannot build this right now. go to someone else... Or did you use the 20 grand to support your business for that long??

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Duane,

1)How much down payment/Deposit do you require for a truckmount order? 30%, 40%, 50%

2) How long after giving a deposit does it take you to deliver to your customer a finished Truckmount ready for installation that day? I'm talking US not over seas.

I am just curious what can be expected. And I want everyone to know whats expected because you do make a great product and yes some delays can be expected and sometimes do happen.

Thanks
Jay

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Should have bought a Electro Mount from Odin. He has a 100% perfect customer service. He has yet to sell one. But his customers love him.

Golden Boy

F

FB7777

I'm sorry, but that explanation, while most likely true, sucks and is really pathetic.

I have 2 machine shops under cleaning contracts, they do everything from titanium medical device parts to basic machine screws

no way you couldn't hand over machining specs and eaten it big time to avoid letting your customer to twist on the other side of the globe

kudos for accepting a majority component of the blame but holy shit that is beyond lame for an excuse

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
Forget the bullsh$t, and forget the few idiots here with there stupid remarks.

Duane do the right thing, it's been too,too long.

G

George V

hungpartyfoul.jpg

2009-11-30-WineStain.jpg

I like you Duane but first and foremost this is a forum for carpet cleaners.

Vendors who jerk us around get grilled here! The match is lit...

Is this the same guy who called you out on *** a few months ago?

Anyway you can make this dude into a cheerleader?

WTF man?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
20k it sounds like he required all of the money... And I didnt know any of his machines were that expensive.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom