Accelerated truckmounts ?

Becker

Name
Becker
Duane Oxley said:
Dominator 3047 Demo Partial 1 Week Turnaround (Currently in re-assembly after inspection. Recovery tank being made.)
Dominator 2545 Partial- 2 day turnaround
Dominator 2036 Partial- Ready

Viper 2036
Viper 2545 Partial- 2 day turnaround
Viper 1833 Partial- 2 day turnaround

Predator Unleashed Partial- 2 day turnaround

FloodMaster is currently the longest "out". Frame parts will be in next week.

I like the honesty!

Many would admit to more ready to ship than just one.. Even if they did not.

Ya know, pretend you are bigger than you really are.

Hell, I ordered 1000 flyers and gift cards not long ago, from the looks of it, Duane could get me a TM faster than the printer.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Custom fabrication will always take longer and have more complications than "regular or normal pieces". At the same time as an owner of a biz, when you are waiting on something like a truckmount or parts for a truckmount it is very frustrating and discerning.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Duane,

Will a #4 LGH be able to sustain up to 220-240 ATW with 2 wands running #12 flow on 2 separate cat pumps (2 machines running thru 1 heater)? If not, is there a propane heater that will sustain those temps? I was running a 360k btu northstar/hotbox, diesel, but never got a chance to run 2 high flow wands thru it as it has been sold.

Thanks,
Bill

jimmyolas

duane called and what we will have to do is split up the shipping , machine first than waste tank later .
so my machine should be on the way tomorrow.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
tmdry said:
Duane,

Will a #4 LGH be able to sustain up to 220-240 ATW with 2 wands running #12 flow on 2 separate cat pumps (2 machines running thru 1 heater)? If not, is there a propane heater that will sustain those temps? I was running a 360k btu northstar/hotbox, diesel, but never got a chance to run 2 high flow wands thru it as it has been sold.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill:

A #4 has 180,000 BTU's and Little Giant lists 60 degrees rise in temperature over whatever the inlet temp is, at 3.7 GPM.

A #6 jet at 600 PSI flows about 2 GPM

So, the short answer is, "No.", it can't keep up.

A 350,000 BTU boiler like the ones on Dominator 3047's will run two wands with #6 jets at 600 PSI and maintain 250 per wand, measured at the wand. What it would do with (2) 12- flow wands isn't something I have enough experience at to say for sure. But I think that it could stay in the 200 degree range, give or take 10 degrees, at 600 PSI.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
jimmyolas said:
duane called and what we will have to do is split up the shipping , machine first than waste tank later .

So.... do you like it?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
gregcole said:
jimmyolas said:

So.... do you like it?

I don't know if he likes it...I can't speak for Jimmy-
But in my mind:
What would he like about it???

The fact that he had to bring it out to the public forum to make something happen?
Having to get something like this going on for 9weeks, gotta be a pita!
Even though he IS a repeat customer of Duane? (Having already another truckmount from him from 10years ago)

I know Duane had issues with his fabricators but if I was his customer and was promised date after date I would expect him to deliver too. Even if he has to find a way to do the fabricating elsewhere.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I have to say here that I agree with you, regarding the fabricator.

As of this week, I've arranged for the aluminum welding to be done by a welder I know. Parts will still be fabricated by our long- time fabricator. For the most part, it's been the welding that's been such an unknown, since they have 1 welder there.

Jimmy's system is on it's way, BTW. As for the tank in question, it's going to have to go separately, when it's completed. Right now, I'm handing the new guy things we've done before first, so that there will be no surprises. Once I see how well he actually does, I'll hand him the more complex projects- including this tank.

There's no deposit standing on this tank, BTW... When it's done, I'll let Jimmy know that it's ready. If he still wants it, it's his to purchase. This thread didn't get anything moving faster. I'd already told Jimmy of my intention with the fabricator (as I described at the outset of this thread) if things didn't start moving. As it stands now, it should move faster, once everything checks out with the new welder. I remain optimistic.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Just a little update for those that are still reading this thread. One of our contractor bought a machine from Duane about a month ago (refurbish). The engine started having problems. Duane installed a brand new one yesterday for the guy.
He stands behind his warranty, which in my book is extremely important!

Often times people get on here and rant and rave about the problems. Just thought I'd give credit where credit is due.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
gregcole said:
Just a little update for those that are still reading this thread. One of our contractor bought a machine from Duane about a month ago (refurbish). The engine started having problems. Duane installed a brand new one yesterday for the guy.
He stands behind his warranty, which in my book is extremely important!

Often times people get on here and rant and rave about the problems. Just thought I'd give credit where credit is due.

That's nice.

But I guess you weren't around 10 years ago when Duane was praised by JimmyO and all the good advice Duane was giving him and the help.
And how good the machine was- it was all out there on a public forum.
So I don't think this thread was put up to sling mud at Duane- I think it was a genuine, frustrated REPEAT customer of Duane raising the psi on him to deliver what he promised and already received money for.

I'm glad they worked it out. I don't like to see small companies put in a bad light...unless they deserved it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom