Accountant Dead

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
So. Filed 2019 returns in March 2020 at my accountants office. She files them electronically. Was expecting a return on both state and federal. The state return showed up in a few weeks. But the federal return never showed. My wife goes online at IRS site to check on things to find out that our 2019 return has not been received.
Went by the accountants office to find out from the one employee that she died in her sleep first of last week. Employee only does payroll. The owner did all the tax work. The employee said she would be reaching out in a couple of weeks once she got some help on getting access to the tax software. While I believe the employee has everyone’s best interest how would you proceed to resolve if the 2019 return was sent or not?

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Doesn't help you now but you should be getting printed copies of the electronic filing and "acceptance" by the IRS or State.
Thanks. So the CPA does get acceptance notifications from the IRS. Now I know what to ask for. I’ve only received the printed copies in the past.

See @hogjowl that’s what help looks like. Marty.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You’re not screwed by any means, it’s still Sept. for one. However, I would obtain another CPA who can get the info. for you. Your only worry is finding a new CPA. Surprised you had to find out that way.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ball peen hammer?
To many witnesses....fingerprints
Or some ass with a gun!
You'd Be surprised at what a handful of ball bearings Tossed over your shoulder can do.....

Reactions: Newman
Back
Top Bottom