Accused of tearing sheet vinyl .

Mikey P

Administrator
I arrived to an empty military unit and found the fridge 6" out of place.

Usually I clean around appliances.

Seeing how it was pulled out I mistakenly thought they wanted me to get under it

I noticed damage from a missing castor but didn't take pics

Now I'm being blamed for causing it

What do you see? IMG_20240523_072546.jpg

It's the newest guy in charge creating this drama.

I'm kinda pissed.

FredC

Village Idiot
I'm gonna say based on the edge coloring and curl you weren't the one who did it....or at least weren't the first to tear it

but you didn't document so I guess you might as well have been....although if the fridge is covering that isn't something easy to document (unquestionably)

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Whoever they hire to Clean the bathrooms and kitchen did it. They're the ones who move the fridge to get the old sticks of butter out from under the fridge

Mikey P

Administrator
so you did do it
" Crying".

Does that floor look like it was fixed the day before?

I've been through countless handyman guys there and most of them cut out the plank shape and replace it, they don't just smoosh down a tear , if that's what this guy did.

As I said I moved the fridge from where it shouldn't have been to where it was, and that gouge you see there happened on its way out not on its way in.

Mikey P

Administrator
Who in their right mind sees four gouges in a floor and doesn't fix the caster or wheel but just fixes the gouges in the floor...

He must be from the South ..

FredC

Village Idiot
Looks like you should have stopped when it was hard to push back the first time instead of wiggling it around

and really you shouldn't be sliding it

Reactions: hogjowl
Name
Nate W.
I have the Crain Airsled.. I've grown tired of the installers moving appliances back only to gouge the new sheet vinyl.. I tell them to move it out and I'll move it back in so no damage to walls, dings, flooring..

Sucks that happened to you.. We also have Plastic glides that you tilt the appliance on and then slide it under so. you don't risk tearing it.. Sheet vinyl I wouldn't move jack without some type of protection..

Mikey P

Administrator

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Are these rental cleanouts where sometimes the deal is cleaning under large appliances like refrigerators and such?

How do you get the rear castors of the appliance on top of whatever your sliding it with if the fridge is in a tight cubby space?

Mikey P

Administrator
Are these rental cleanouts where sometimes the deal is cleaning under large appliances like refrigerators and such?

How do you get the rear castors of the appliance on top of whatever your sliding it with if the fridge is in a tight cubby space?
Some refrigerators are in a cubby space and others have access to at least one side

As I said before I generally don't touch them when cleaning the floors but this one was left so far out of place and cockeyed I had to assume they wanted me to get under it

Reactions: Bryce C

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom