Ace Area Rug

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
100_0254.jpg

This is my first attempt at making a custom area rug. It was quite the learning experience. If any of your get a chance to attend Steve Andrews repair class I highly recommend it. I would have had no clue where to start with something like this before the class.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Heathrow,

Just used a carpet knife to cut it out. Cleaned up the seams with my hot knife. I have not been able to find a hot knife that works right maybe you have a suggestion. The area rug was bound when I got it and I did not add another layer of backing. I sent SA a laundry list of detailed questions. He has the patience of a saint if he answers half of them.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Mike,

I've also attended SA's repair class, couldn't agree with you more. Also tell alot of people about him as well.

Good job on the rug, looks great.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Mike I have a Dremel hot knife (gas powered) and cuts through jute pretty well when it's fired up.I've only used it on jute - that mat is obviously synthetic secondary backing? I think I'll go looking for some of that and give it a go. Only thing stopping me is most mats/offcuts I have access to are jute backed and I'm not sure how to tidy up a jute backed job. I'll be at the carpet shop on Monday looking for some synthetic backed have a go on :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom