Acid or detergent on apartments?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I am doing over 265 vacant units. I am questioning myself a bit. I took over this property because the last cleaner had wick backs in every unit.

I am using last step. The units are pretty bad. Would using dry slurry really make much difference? Thoughts?

Sent from my Comet using Tapatalk

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Using an acid rinse here no prescrub and my ps. Not to bad but just wandering. I only had a 2 minute dwell for ps in these pics I was just checking it out after 20 minute dwell rest of carpet came up ok

IMG_20110803_152828.jpg

IMG_20110803_152839.jpg

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the last cleaner didn't know how to clean.

and if you need that pixie dust juice, YOU don't know how to clean either.... :roll:

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I use it mainly to rinse out my ps. But also to keep my tm and little giant clean

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
I use it mainly to rinse out my ps.

really??

so what rinse agent is in it that makes it rinse better??
(cause the PH has nothing to do how well it rinses PS)

..l.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Cause it says so in the bottle???? Lol guess I cant get a straight answer

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Well the real answer would be to test both and find out. Then come back here and report.

There are some acid rinses that work a whole lot better than others. I don't anything about the two products you listed but make up a jug of each and spend an hour or so playing with them. It is a good time investment if you have that many units to clean. Especially if you find one works way better than the other.

I never found an acid to help any more than a detergent for wick backs. It does help to NOT hold the prespray over a spot to the point of exaggerated saturation. That just forces the stain into the backing and/or pad. That is a recipe for residue if not definite wick back. You can make the prespray a heavy application as long as you keep it even. Oh and a good prescrub would help a ton on carpet like that.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Everytime I try to put acid rinse backout on the front line it always lets me down. I only use acid or all fiber rinse on upholstery, upper end textiles ,or urine jobs. It also has caame in handy on custys with excessive rug doctor residue in carpet shiteatinggrin

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I agree..I normally just rinse with liquid one clean. Its chemspec detergent..pretty good.

But, I know they have an acid rinse called high heat that has encap in it..maybe try that if you're going to use one.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That carpet needs replacing not cleaned, 20 year old builders grade matted and fused together. :shock:

You're trying to finesse clean sh*t holes, acid rinses are for lightly soiled high end carpet, not trashed out dumps.

Use a good emulsifier and you should be fine, the last guy probably used Tide and that's why they had residue problems.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Another big reason for wick backs is overwhetting the carpet. Most lazy cleaners don't dry the carpet well. I clean thousands of rentals and would never use an acid rinse.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have found that always doing a quick vac on apartments usualy helps with wicking. I was suprised that I could usualy pull a canister of dirt out of most places that appeared to have been vac'd. I also noticed the carpet seemed alot cleaner after hwe when I did this

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
juniorc82 said:
I have found that always doing a quick vac on apartments usualy helps with wicking. I was suprised that I could usualy pull a canister of dirt out of most places that appeared to have been vac'd. I also noticed the carpet seemed alot cleaner after hwe when I did this
I was going to mention it, Jon beat me to it. shiteatinggrin

S

sam miller

Ya I did a job today a competitor did and it yellowed in spots He over wet it basically and didnt get it dry enough

when dealing with the nasties we tend to through everything at them, and run more water through them. T

That's all fine but extra dry strokes and a blower can go a long was to preventing wick backs, also make sure the wands not leaking when You set it down that could be a problem too.

Ps if You hit with a high ph prespray Enzall, extreme clean, Cobbs salad ph citrus enzyme stuff and scrub the acid rinse will work fine if the soils been properly suspended. Less res also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom