Acid rinse or grout cleaner for weed control?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm not a fan whatsoever of spring Roundup but this season the weeds in our yard are insane, and more than any single human could pluck at this point

I've read about weed killers using 20% vinegar but I got so much acidic products here on my shelves which Marty knows I didn't pay for< t I'm wondering if you Junior chemists think if any of them would be successful at killing the weeds within 24 hours?

I threw a bunch of this stuff down a few weeks ago but I'm convinced it's just repackaged weed seeds.. PXL_20230501_232606821.jpg

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Hey, Marty! What you got for gophers? They're killin me!

Thinkin about goin the Caddyshack route.

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the weeds in our yard are insane

you have "yards"..as in a lawn with grass?

I used the same stuff Fred does (41% glyphosate)
from the farm supply store.
for the drive (gravel) I mixed some kero in because I wanted to poison the ground too...not just the plant.

at the condo now, the pro's take care of the yards.
(not a dandelion or spec of crabgrass to be seen)
The little bit of mulch bed (we're responsible for) I use RoundUp now 'cause it would take me 15 years to use up the big jug of concentrate I used to use

..L.T.A.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
generalisations, anything fast acting tends to have short lived efficacy (unless seriously toxic to soil or health)
slower kill rates are generally longer lasting

Mikey P

Administrator
Household Marty vinegar is 5%. I'll dilute this by 30 and squirt my little pesky friends with a quart bottle.

PXL_20230502_225435167.jpg
We have a couple areas of plastic lawn for Hula to scratch her belly on but the rest of it is all fancy gravel and pavers

Mikey P

Administrator
So I'm cleaning some carpet for a friend out here in the pseudo country where everybody is on 2 to 5 acre lots and one of the local Walmart militia morons thought this drizzly day, it's actually snowing up in the mountains, would be a good day to burn $3 worth of leaves and the burn pile versus taking them to the county dump well I wouldn't you know at the idiot caught his house on fire and the helicopters are dumping water on it as I speak

• Wow
Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm not a fan whatsoever of spring Roundup but this season the weeds in our yard are insane, and more than any single human could pluck at this point

I've read about weed killers using 20% vinegar but I got so much acidic products here on my shelves which Marty knows I didn't pay for< t I'm wondering if you Junior chemists think if any of them would be successful at killing the weeds within 24 hours?

I threw a bunch of this stuff down a few weeks ago but I'm convinced it's just repackaged weed seeds.. View attachment 122238
Preventer couch cough, you probably already had some growth?

Sure throw acid all over the back yard much better then weed killer.

Or make a flame thrower out of a propane bottle and burn it

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So I'm cleaning some carpet for a friend out here in the pseudo country where everybody is on 2 to 5 acre lots and one of the local Walmart militia morons thought this drizzly day, it's actually snowing up in the mountains, would be a good day to burn $3 worth of leaves and the burn pile versus taking them to the county dump well I wouldn't you know at the idiot caught his house on fire and the helicopters are dumping water on it as I speak
Ok forget the flame thrower idea

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom