Acrylic Bathtub

Jerry McMahon

This is in a big rv that racoons decided to live in over the winter. They got in thru the fridge vent.

Very polite racoons as they only went potty in the bathtub and toilet.

We got everything cleaned up but some feces stains in this bathtub. We have tried some rust removers, bleach and some mild acids but not having any luck.

Any advice would be appreciated.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Is it the textured part in the bottom of the tub? If so use greased lighting and bleach. use a harder bristle normal scrub brush and it will take it out just fine.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Bleach oxidizes way to quickly. If you are going that route you need something a little longer acting like Hydrogern Peroxide, but for a few dollars... go get a magic eraser (the name brand version) Wet it out and scrub on your spot. It will take a little elbow grease but I'll be betcha that will take care of it. i've take ALOT of hard surface staining out with these cute little things that i coudn't touch with nuclear chemistry.

matt sheppard

NEVER mix bleach with a degreaser! The resultant fumes are hydro-chloric acid which will result in lung tissue damage. You need a bleaching gel ( i believe comet and clorox have one ) apply it cover with plastic and let dwell.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I mix them all the time in extreme cases, if you cant handle the smell wear a mask. just dont ever mix bleach with limeaway. I know what works. get a clue ladies

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
matt sheppard said:
You need a bleaching gel ( i believe comet and clorox have one ) apply it cover with plastic and let dwell.

close to what I do

"Comet" powder, (accept no substitutes) make a wet paste, cover it with SOAKING wet towels

take two donuts and call me in the next morning
(that's how long you leave it dwell)

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
joeynbgky said:
That magic eraser is not going to get that crap off, I deal with cabins that have the same problem

Don't knock till you try it. (And I do mean SCRUB) Otherwise creamy comet like Meat said.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
a good seasoned janitor by now knows what will hurt him or not. different people have different tolerances. i used to be able to tolerate alot more than i can now.

thata said anything with fumes shoud be avoided for longterm health concerns.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
also magic eraser has worked for me in a few situations that alot of chems didnt. i do think that the magic eraser does remove some of the suface that is cleaned.

Jerry McMahon

I like the comet paste idea. Will have to give that a try.

If all else fails i was thinking some hydrocloric acid/toiletbowl cleaner.

If we keep pouring enough bomb making chemicals down that drain into the grey tank we wont have to worry about the bathtub, will blow the whole damn rv up. :)

Seriously we have been flushing it well and I appreciate the ideas.

Thankyou

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom